Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Question Answers needed!!

Hello all,

I would like to start working on my own as a web developer. I have a small background in programming and right now I am learning on my own html, css, and javascript from tutorials I have found online. Recently I have found some tutorials how to make a website without any code using hostgator. Is it possible to make this happen? Can I make a site using only hostgator and deliver it to a client? Also, If I make a site through hostgator I have to give the username and password to my client or I have to continue maintain the site on my own and get paid every month? How web developer works?

I am hoping to get the answers I need and make my dream come true.

Thanks!

P.S.: I didn't know in which section to write this. I hope is the right one.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Yes this is possible, but it has its limitations. This type of setup is using a content management system, ie... WordPress or something similar. As far as not turning over the username and password, I think you'll be hard pressed to find a client that doesn't want access to their site.
    Jm2c here, stick with learning to code and build your clients that way.
    The way you want to do it isn't ideal as the client can do it themselves by choosing a theme and a few plugins.
    Don't get me wrong, there are clients who will hire you to set this up, I've got a few, but you have to bring them more than they're capable of doing on their own.

Slithering from the nether regions of a twisted mind and tarnished soul

Remove Ads