Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By p.preston

Thread: Adding Business to Google

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Adding Business to Google

*I Hope I'm in the correct category regarding my question.
    Google sure knows how to complicate things for people who want to add their business to Google which is all I want to get right (in the best and correct way)!

In the past few years, Google has introduced various terms or 'sections' in which you can add your business which all sound far too similar which leaves me very confused:

1) Google Places

2) Google Map Maker

3) Google Business

4) Google Local

Surely these aren't all separate sections on Google?

Questions:

1) has the name or term Google Places been changed to Google Business recently or are these 2 different sections?

2) Does Google Local = Google Business and depending on the answer to my question above does it also = Google Places?

3) Is Google Places now changed to Google Map Maker

What is what and what term or section does not exist anymore?

4) I know it's quite easy to go to Google Business and add your business through there but then does that automatically put your business under Google Places, Google Map Maker and Google Local?

5) I've read that the best way to add your business to Google would be to go via the Map Maker because then you can get verification via phone (Text message) message, rather than by Post ... but then what about Google Places, Google Local, Google Business?

6) I just want to know what the best procedure / approach would be to adding your business to Google, IE: Where do I start (Google Business, then Google Map Maker ... anything else etc.). I want to maximize the benefits of these accounts but I need clarification on my questions above.

I thank you in advance

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    All these terms are almost same. Think of Google Business as an umbrella, the others come under it. Just submit your business on Google Business. Choose the correct category; whether it is a local business, brand, etc. Google Place and Google Local will only show local businesses that have some physical address. Whereas Google Map Maker is tool which you can use to add your business name on Google Maps. You might have noticed when you browse Google Map you see some company's names on the map. That is done through Google Map Maker.
    sasha_bolcina likes this.

Remove Ads