Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

members only area of website

I have a website that's hosted on Lunarpages (Cobblestone Quilters Guild). I need to have an area to keep information that is accessible to members only. I want each member to have their own login info. I need to be able to control access to only paid members (they will not be paying online). I manage the website using dreamweaver cs4. I can edit code, so I'm not a TOTAL beginner, but beyond that.......
    Thanks in advance!
    Byrdie.

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    You will need server side coding (php, asp...). Its not easy for beginner to do it.

Member #
    Liked
    713 times
    You'll want to make sure you have the BASIC lunarpages package, not the "starter" package.

You can purchase a premium wordpress theme that is responsive w/ membership features, and hire a person to install it for you. There would be a learning curve to wordpress. You might end-up with a total investment of $200-$300? Depending on how much custom coding there needs to be. You would no longer need Dreamweaver. Everything is managed online from anywhere in the world. You can give certain members different permissions ... example, you might have 2 people that could upload images for you (quilt gallery). You would have "admin" control, but maybe you might want one other person to be "admin" to help you out.

In my opinion, that would be the easiest, cheapest, and fastest way to get the website you're looking for, using your existing webhost.

Otherwise, you spend this Summer learning to do scripting yourself.

Remove Ads