Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By delstu
  • 1 Post By Vapr_Arts

Thread: Why is it so difficult to find a computer job in Montreal,Quebec,Canada?

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Why is it so difficult to get a Front End Developer job in Montreal,Quebec,Canada?

I sent hundreds of job applications in the last 3 months and still did not get a call or e mail for a job? I'm 22 years old fresh out of school and looking for work but can't find any...need some help.
    Last edited by James92; Feb 06th, 2015 at 06:35 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    What was your major? What types of jobs did you apply for? Any previous job experience? There could be a number of reasons.. All of which we cant really answer for you.

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapr_Arts View Post
    What was your major? What types of jobs did you apply for? Any previous job experience? There could be a number of reasons.. All of which we cant really answer for you.

Just got my degree for Front End Developer in December and I applied for Front End Developer jobs and my only job experience is being a Ubisoft game tester multiple times.

Member #
    Liked
    292 times
    Where did you go to school - a local university or an online school?
    Did you do anything besides attend classes during school? Belong to any RSOs? Participate in any web development activities at school? Do any projects?
    Do you have a resume? If so, did your schools student services department look it over? How about a cover letter?
    Have you created a LinkedIn profile? Joined any groups there? How about joining your schools Alma-mater group? Join them as they can help with finding someone to connect with at an employer, there could even be someone that currently works there.
    Do free web development for a local charity to get a bit of experience or look for an internship (your school could have some listings or you could look online).
    Last edited by delstu; Feb 06th, 2015 at 08:41 PM.
    Vapr_Arts likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Not sure bud. I dont want to sound pessimistic but you have decided to enter a very saturated field of work. What is your resume or portfolio look like? Do you have sites you have built and are they up to todays standards?

There could be a million reasons why but hang in there and in the mean time get some personal projects done where you could include with your resume.

Fireproofgfx likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapr_Arts View Post
    Not sure bud. I dont want to sound pessimistic but you have decided to enter a very saturated field of work. What is your resume or portfolio look like? Do you have sites you have built and are they up to todays standards?

There could be a million reasons why but hang in there and in the mean time get some personal projects done where you could include with your resume.

These are my only websites that I have online

Halo 4 Fan Page

The Fast And Furious Series

Cucina Qualita Superiore Ristorante

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Does your school not have some sort of placement program? You're going to probably have to do some sort of internship before you ever get a real job in development, unless you can show some pretty impressive aptitude out the gate.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Remove Ads