Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: template for sale?

Member #

template for sale?

anyone have a template for sale that i can choose for to buy? my site is a online business for college

Member #
    Liked
    292 times
    On this forum you will not often find anyone that deals in templates. Designers and developers simply don't use them. We occasionally get a drive-by poster (never to be seen again) offering templates for sale but they are usually not very good.

It is possible someone here has the time to do a quickie for you so perhaps you will get other replies.

You can search online for HTML templates or go to the IT department at your college to see if someone there, possibly a student, can build one to meet your requirements.
    Fireproofgfx likes this.

Member #
    oh ic, just wondering what is your best traits around here? i trying to build something from a start up.

Member #
    Liked
    292 times
    Developers and designers. Developers do the coding, designers make it look good - overly simplistic definition so don't beat me too hard guys.

Most of our members would recommend you learn to do the coding yourself or hire someone for the job; this way you get just what you need.

Since you are wanting to build a start-up business, have you done your research? Is your product in demand or a new concept? How large is your market, the demographics, the competition, etc? What does your market want? Will you be selling your own product or affiliate products? Do you have a business plan?
    Fireproofgfx likes this.

Member #
    feels like i'm in marketing class again haha. i have a pretty good idea of my vision. i just need to find somehow to achieve it without giving out too much. it start with the function of my website. after in grows i will add other features to it.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Aside from the business aspect of the business which Stu already mentioned, you need to decide if this is something you want to take the time to learn how to do on your own, or hire someone to do it for you. If you are a business student you should know its not easy to start a business and there will be things that need to be done correctly for it to be successful. A website is easy to assume it can be a "work in progress" but depending on your business you may only have one chance to get it right. If you have an amazing idea like Twitter for example, you may get away with a crappy site (have you seen their first site?) but this is not normally the case and i wouldn't risk it.

So do you want to do this yourself? Or hire someone to do it for you?

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks

Member #
    Liked
    292 times
    Quote Originally Posted by inster View Post
    feels like i'm in marketing class again haha. i have a pretty good idea of my vision. i just need to find somehow to achieve it without giving out too much. it start with the function of my website. after in grows i will add other features to it.
    Yes, you are, or more specifically, Entrepreneurs classes. If you are a business student you should realize that most businesses fail because of a lack of planning - the failure rate is very high without a plan.

Member #
    so have most of you guys held web design/ web developer job for a company before?

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    No, im actually a self taught college student studying Graphic Design

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks

Member #
    Liked
    292 times
    Quote Originally Posted by inster View Post
    so have most of you guys held web design/ web developer job for a company before?
    Not me. In fact, I am neither a developer nor designer, though I recently began going through the Codecademy program.
    I am a content writer, a fairly decent SEOer, keyword researcher, and now discussing an internship program with my university to get a few students that can write excellent essays to write for me (that will require training to deliver the content I require for the web).

I joined WDF back when I was looking for a community college which provided classes in web development, but all I found back then were some that taught Dreamweaver and Frontpage.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads