Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: monitor

Member #
    Hello, i just joined this forum and this is my first post.
    i am currently testing a 19" lacie electron blue 3 CRT monitor. i love the sharpness, resolution and colour, however, desk space has become very limited. so i am considering the Lacie Photon18 LCD. i was wondering if anyone can tell me if the colours on the LCD will be accrate and how it performs. i understand that LCD and CRT technology is different but i would just like to get a good monitor. what matters to me the most is that i can run 1280x1024 @ 70Hz + and that the colours are accurate. any help would be greatly appreciated.

also, i know that this isn't the right forum to ask it on but i am unsure where to post my message...sorry

Member #
    I moved it to the Non-Web Design Discussion forum. If you're considering an LCD, you may want to consider running dual displays (use both the CRT and the LCD). I run a dual display with a CRT and an LCD, and I find that the CRT is much better for graphic work than the LCD. I love using the LCD for web browsing and other types of computing, but for graphics, the CRT is superior. It's also interesting to see the difference between the two, when you drag an image from one to the other.

I dont have any specific knowledge of either monitor you're referring to, just some general CRT/LCD knowledge.

Member #
    thanks for moving my thread and your reply splufdaddy.

it would be nice to run both CRT and LCD, but unfortunately, finances and desk space limits me. on top of that, it means i need to get a new video card. great suggestion..but not at the moment. i totally agree that CRT monitors are superior, but because of the lack of real estate on my desk, an LCD monitor is prefered.

Remove Ads