Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Event Management Software

Hi,

I have a client who has many in-person events to promote their product.

I use InfusionSoft to create registration forms, and update ILoveMyLaser, which allows people to register. I also list fliers for the sales team.

Often my client will call, asking "how many people registered for 'XYZ' event". It's hard to find out, as I have to run one of many reports for every event to find this out. Emailing and printing is a hassle, as there's spreadsheet exporting and formatting involved.

I am looking for software that will do this better:

• showing 3-5 upcoming event registration information, including name and attendance totals
    • 'roll off' old events so they don't show
    • display well on mobile or desktop from either an app or a webpage
    • allows for easy printing
    • allows for easy emailing, in case they want me to find out for them

I contacted zoho.com, and I am waiting to hear back. Does anyone know of any software that can do this?

Thanking you in advance

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    One of my clients who did events ended up building a database out of Access to do all of that stuff with some custom VB6 programming. I don't think you'll find anything similar online.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I have a feeling there's something out there for this, surprised I haven't found it.

Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    The thing with event management is threefold.

1) Events are highly varied.
    2) There aren't a lot of event companies or companies that do events as part of their overall scheme.
    3) Registration forms quite often require a lot of customization of fields as a result of one. I once had to build out a reg form that blocked people registering from Nigeria because of a traveller scam variant. That's only one example of something I had to do.

It's one of the reasons that I got into custom programming.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Smart. I am starting to learn it. I have been experimenting with event software, namely eventbrite.com.

We are switching from manually coding their calendar ILoveMyLaser to entering and inputting and pulling event data such as:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/scalarw...ts-16905887966
    https://www.eventbrite.com/e/scalarw...ts-16905854867

I got some help to make this: ILoveMyLaser, however:

The Rub: All files are upload to greystarsolutions.com's servers, and they only allow basic html with css, javascript, and fonts.

They do not allow php, cgi, pl, .asp, .exe and .cgi.

So, trying to make page look like ILoveMyLaser, pulling EB data, so it:

1. Will only show current events (excluding expired event)
    2. Uses eventbrite's new API, V3
    3. Has a similar format to ilovemylaser.com/gatherings.html (without the "Register for..." and "Download Flyer")
    4. Each event links to actual EB event.
    5. Has some kind of security to hide any sensitive info, like API (or if this is not needed, please explain why)

I am still a novice programmer, their documentation leaves me scratching my head and they are not answering my forum questions. How difficult is this and how do I go about it?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    You're using Greystar as a host? Good Lord. I had to use them for a client project a few months back and it was like pulling teeth to get anything uploaded or done.

For those who doubt pranaman, he is absolutely right...Greystar does not allow for the uploading of server-side files of any sort. It is absolutely stupid, but it's true. For some reason, though, they'll allow a W*rdPr*ss site.

As far as your time format goes, the function here should help with some modifications.

How do you display javascript datetime in 12 hour AM/PM format? - Stack Overflow

As far as the order goes, you'll want to modify this line:
    Code:
     $("#event-stuff").append("<p>" + date + "<br>" + ven1 + "<br>" + ven2 + "<br>" + ven3 + "<br>" + time + "<br>" + btn + "</p>")
    To something like:
    Code:
     $("#event-stuff").append("<p>" + ven1 + "<br>" + ven2 + "<br>" + ven3 + "<br>"+ date + "<br>" + time + "<br>" + btn + "</p>")
    This moves the date to after the city. The rest you'll have to play with, but this is the line you'll want to play with.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    There are thousands of firm who are good to make such kind of website as per your requirement. The only thing that you need to do is to find the best firm.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    @TheGAME1264, ahh, you know the pain of greystar. Sorry to hear that. Seems there are not a lot of decent players in the MLM-hosting/ecommerce business. We found plexum.com as an alternative, and another, I forget, but it was much more expensive.

For those who doubt pranaman, he is absolutely right...Greystar does not allow for the uploading of server-side files of any sort. It is absolutely stupid, but it's true. For some reason, though, they'll allow a W*rdPr*ss site.
    Maybe they used to allow WP. They don't seem to implementing the ability to support it now.

I got some help from someone on elance.com. We now have a functioning page at ILoveMyLaser.

The last piece is that my client sometimes likes to list events with 'TBA' (to be announced) for venues they don't have all the info for.

We set it up on at the bottom of ILoveMyLaser, but he did not include the city, and added the time, which we do not need.

I thought it would be easy to include the city and drop the time. I changed the code, however, it seems to pull the previous city, as shown at the bottom of ILoveMyLaser, where, although the city is Paris, it's showing Huntington Beach, same as the city above.

This is the code:

Code:
    for (var i = 0; i < data.events.length; i++){
                  var evnt = data.events[i];
                  var dat = new Date(evnt.start.utc);
                  var date = days[dat.getDay()] + ", " + months[dat.getMonth()] + " " + dat.getDate();
                  var ven1 = evnt.venue.address.address_1;
                  if (evnt.venue.address.address_2 !== null){
                      ven1 = ven1 + " " + evnt.venue.address.address_2;
                  }
                  if (ven1 !== 'TBA'){
    	              var enddat = new Date(evnt.end.utc);
    	              var ven2 = evnt.venue.address.city + ", " + evnt.venue.address.region;
    	              var ven3 = evnt.venue.name;
    	              var time = meridian_time(dat) + " - " + meridian_time(enddat);
    	              var btn = "<a href=" + evnt.url + " target='new' style='text-decoration:none;color:#ffffff;'><p class='regbutton'>Register For " + ven2 + "<br></p></a>";
    	              $("#event-stuff").append("<p>" + date + "<br>" + ven1 + "<br>" + ven2 + "<br>" + ven3 + "<br>" + time + "<br>" + btn + "</p>")
    	            }else{
    	        	$("#event-stuff").append("<p>" + date + "<br>" + ven2 + "<br>" + ven1  + "</p>")
    Anyone know how to have the TBA event show Paris, the correct city?

Remove Ads