Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Alanna Baxter
  • 1 Post By James92

Thread: How can I transfer my pictures from my Cellphone to my Computer?

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

How can I transfer my pictures from my Cellphone to my Computer?

When I plug in my USB from my phone to my computer I get these options

Charge Only

Mass Storage

PC Software

USB Tethering

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Mass storage MIGHT work. It is the only option that makes sense to me.

Charge only is pretty self explanatory.
    Pc software i have no idea what that would be and USB tethering is going to share an internet connection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    USB tethering allows you to use your cell phone's internet connection on your computer. It's good as a backup if your regular, presumably much better, connection goes down.

PC Software is any software you can download for your cell phone to do things such as transfer.

For the most part in Windows, though, you can just open up a My Computer window, browse to your phone, and copy/paste the way you normally would any other hard drive files.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Alternatively, for a quick solution - send the image to your email!

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by webbtransformer View Post
    Alternatively, for a quick solution - send the image to your email!
    I just tried using https://www.wetransfer.com/ to send the pictures to my email but my cellphone only gets the background of the website and does not load the entire page.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    I have a Samsung Galaxy SII. (I know, don't laugh! It has served me well!) Anyway, I have my gmail account on my phone and all pics that I take are automatically copied to my G+ account. You get 15GB of space using G+. The great thing about that is that you don't need to hook your phone up to your computer and transfer across. Plus, anytime you take a pic with your phone, it's automatically uploaded. Then just go into your G+ account and grab the pics from there.

When I had a Nokia, I used the same method that TheGAME1264 mentioned.

If you don't have a gmail account, all you have to do is create one, add the account to your phone and change the setting so that your pics are uploaded to G+. I did this recently when my Dropbox account got too full. It automatically uploaded all the pics on my phone to my G+ account. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Alanna Baxter; May 07th, 2015 at 08:54 AM.
    James92 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna Baxter View Post
    I have a Samsung Galaxy SII. (I know, don't laugh! It has served me well!) Anyway, I have my gmail account on my phone and all pics that I take are automatically copied to my G+ account. You get 15GB of space using G+. The great thing about that is that you don't need to hook your phone up to your computer and transfer across. Plus, anytime you take a pic with your phone, it's automatically uploaded. Then just go into your G+ account and grab the pics from there.

When I had a Nokia, I used the same method that TheGAME1264 mentioned.

If you don't have a gmail account, all you have to do is create one, add the account to your phone and change the setting so that your pics are uploaded to G+. I did this recently when my Dropbox account got too full. It automatically uploaded all the pics on my phone to my G+ account. Hope this helps.
    This worked thanks.
    Vapr_Arts likes this.

fox
    Member #
    Hi!
    I just send them per Bluetooth, otherwise I take USB Tethering for my HTC Sensation XL

Remove Ads