Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bhenrymoreland

Thread: Risk Management as a Freelancer

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Risk Management as a Freelancer

Hello all - to be honest up front, I'm not a web designer. I'm studying to be a financial planner with a focus on serving artists, freelancers, and other people with nontraditional types of income. I am working on a presentation that discusses how these people manage risk in their professional lives, and to gather some concrete data I've created a very short anonymous survey.

With the aim of reaching as many types of freelancers as possible, I'm hoping that some of the freelance graphic designers on this forum can fill out the form and/or share it around with other freelancers that you know. Everything is anonymous; I'm not collecting any email addresses or personal information and this won't put you on any marketing list.

The survey is here: http://goo.gl/forms/skmeoFWiOD. It will be live until 10pm Eastern time on October 20. If you have any feedback or questions about the survey, you can contact me at freelanceriskmanagementsurvey@gmail.com

​Thanks!
    sarahswansea likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I approved your post manually because it was getting blocked and I think you're asking a legitimate question.

A question in turn, though...we're not all freelance graphic designers. Some of us are programmers. Does the survey apply to all freelancers?
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I would like to know the results that you get after people fill it out. I have been doing this for about 10 years. I know that I have changed the way I do things every year from when i started. Would be interested to see what approach people do now.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thank you for approving! This survey is for anyone who does freelance work, regardless of the profession - in fact I'm trying to cover as many as possible in order to get a sense of which challenges are universal and which are specific to certain types of work.

So yes, programmers, web designers, developers, project managers - any freelancer can all fill out the survey.

Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    I filled it out I think its such an important topic because it's all to do with being a professional. Not just personal liability insurance but membership of professional bodies, union membership, personal development, etc. My answers are all in the survey haha but it's a topic I'm really interested in and would like to see the results too.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Okay, I did it as well.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Filled it out as well. The first question was sort of a mix of multiple but went with Creative as that best described what I do majority of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove Ads