Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Wireless

JR
    Member #
    I got my lightning fast 54Mbps Wireless-G network delivered today, I am now surfing WDF in the comfort of my own bed

I bought a Wireless-G notebook adapter and a Wireless-G broadband router and I must say I am very impressed, even though it took 7 God damn brain numbing hours to get it up and running. Even when I am 3 rooms and a floor away from the router I see little change in the speed of the internet.

Cool stuff
    JR

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I got a wireless access point at home a year ago...I have my laptop and PDA on it. Once you go wireless you can't go back.

Granted mine is 802.11b, not 802.11g, but for Internet stuff the speed difference isn't really an issue.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I would get one... but it's a loosing situation here at college. My neighbors got wireless and are wondering why in a house of 4 guys there's 10 computers connected... funny how things work

Also I'm poor, and the cards cost too much to justify it... not to mention lack of speed (4 of us share a lot of files over my 100MB network )
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    I love my wireless network. I have Belkin equipment running an 802.11b network. One thing I must say though is that the router's interface isn't very stable. I login via a web browser and make changes, and if I try to make too many changes (as in more than 3-4 minutes of changes) the router stops responding, and it needs to be rebooted. My roommates have D-Link and Netgear routers, and they've experienced similar problems (on different networks). We all have the latest firmware, but this just makes me think that wireless routers are still not yet mainstream enough for the average computer user to purchase and configure. They require configuration and troubleshooting that is a little beyond the scope of an average user, IMO.

Member #
    Ah you guys and the high-tech stream you guys getting, My cable keeps me happy with just a 10/100 MB network card for jus 15...thats beutiful

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Personally my linksys wifi router (802.11b) works just fine.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    I'm running on a 512 Kb Broadband connection, and I find that most pages (except sites which are entirely dependant on flash) load in a few seconds (and flash pages don't take all that long either).
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

JR
    Member #
    Have you got NTL? If so it isn't 512k anymore it is 600k. Wired, I have Linksys too
    JR

Member #
    Nope, me on BT, I find their service excellent (in the six months I've used them) and my Dad loves the way the pages just spring u on the computer (He isn't very computer minded)
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Remove Ads