Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: I found this great website for free photos

Member #
    Liked
    64 times

I found this great website for free photos

Came across this today, a website where they release 10 free photos every week, really high quality ones, that you can use with no restrictions at all:

https://unsplash.com/

What's interesting as well is the company behind it originally treated it as an afternoon side project, but they talked in a blog post about how in the end it turned out to be their #1 source of traffic to their proper business, and the type of people using it (web designers and mobile developers) were their target audience anyway. So I thought that was a super cool insight -- also because I was wondering what was in it for them and if there was a catch!

Member #
    Wow! Those images are so amazing! It's suck an awesome resource!!! Added to my bookmarks! THANK YOU!

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Thanks a lot for sharing this site. All photos are high quality. I already have downloaded one and made it my desktop background.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahswansea View Post
    Came across this today, a website where they release 10 free photos every week, really high quality ones, that you can use with no restrictions at all:

https://unsplash.com/

What's interesting as well is the company behind it originally treated it as an afternoon side project, but they talked in a blog post about how in the end it turned out to be their #1 source of traffic to their proper business, and the type of people using it (web designers and mobile developers) were their target audience anyway. So I thought that was a super cool insight -- also because I was wondering what was in it for them and if there was a catch!
    Really great... Thanks for sharing...

Just wondering...

Is it okay to use these photos in a website?

I'm afraid they will sue someone for legal issues..

Just wondering though..

Member #
    Liked
    148 times
    It says on the license page that the photos are licensed under Creative Commons Zero, so it should be fine to use them anywhere: https://unsplash.com/license
    sarahswansea likes this.

Banned
    Member #
    its a great website.and the quality of photos are too good.

Member #
    Liked
    148 times
    Internally, we've compiling a list of free stock sites (including Unsplash, which is one of our favorites) to use on lower-budget projects and for our clients to use . We're up to 83 different sources, and just recently polished the list up a bit and published it on our blog. I'm sharing it here in hopes that it might be helpful to anyone looking for other free stock sources. While the list is rather long we did single out a handful of our favorites so they're no need to dig though them all to find the real gems.

Hope this is useful - I'd love to hear about any other stock sources we might have missed:

83 Sources for Free Stock Photos
    sarahswansea likes this.
    Kevin Henney
    CRUCIAL CREATIVE
    Web Development - Graphic Design - Branding

Member #
    Thanks for sharing, btw are all these photo had any copyright issue? Because I'm affraid if I'm using it, I will get sued for stealing.

Member #
    Liked
    148 times
    Quote Originally Posted by aria34 View Post
    Thanks for sharing, btw are all these photo had any copyright issue? Because I'm affraid if I'm using it, I will get sued for stealing.
    Unsplash's photos are all licensed under CC0, which means you can use them for just about anything. The sites in the post I linked are also mostly cc0, and those that aren't still allow for commercial use. It's always a good idea to double-check the terms and conditions of the site you're downloading from to make sure you're allowed to use their photos the way you want.
    Kevin Henney
    CRUCIAL CREATIVE
    Web Development - Graphic Design - Branding

Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Bookmarked, thanks khenney!!! Thats super useful!

One I've used a lot before is ImageAfter: Image * After - currently 28262 free textures and images available

This website is less blog-ready high-quality photography, and more raw source material. You have to put a bit more work into editing it for what you need, but there's LOTs of content, and photos of all sorts of obscure things.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads