Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

How do you accept payments?

I'm curious to hear about some experiences with common payment gateways....
    I had been using paypal, but I had a few customers file complaints 5 mins after they ordered, and paypal took the money back right away, making it impossible to build the product...
    Then I had a customer file a complaint, and ship back an empty box...paypal still sided with them...I never used them again.
    I was then using stripe, but I had a huge number of rejected payments, and the customers were emailing me and letting me know. I emailed their support team and asked about it, and they said they could no longer be my card processor...just like that.

So I'm looking for a new one and would like to hear what you guys use out there...

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I've never had any issues with PayPal of that sort. Mind you, I'm a developer with multiple clients on it. I prefer it to any other payment processor I've dealt with so far (LinkPoint, Authorize.net although they're pretty good as well, Internet Secure, Beanstream, multiple others).

If you're getting a lot of rejected payments with Stripe and you had issues with PayPal, the issue likely isn't a payment processing issue but one of your checkout flow. Are people getting a receipt for what they think they ordered? Are you getting them to act impulsively when they probably shouldn't and then dealing with buyers' remorse? Are you doing something silly like using WordPress and WooCommerce for a shopping cart? There has to be something more to this that you may not be seeing.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    you can also consider using 2checkout payment although it also supports paypal transactions

Member #
    I'll look up 2checkout, any others you would suggest?

Remove Ads