Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Vapr_Arts
  • 2 Post By Vapr_Arts
  • 1 Post By TheGAME1264

Thread: How many of us use the advanced settings?

Member #
    Liked
    9 times

How many of us use the advanced settings?

This thought crossed my mind in another thread and I though it disserved its own thread.

Just curious but when looking for a thread to reply to or give your two cents to do you use the advanced settings this forum provides to look for those threads?

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Im on my phone 99.9% of the time I am on here. The app I use has it so that I can choose what I see first. I choose to see all the posts I have participated in first, although this doesn't always work for some reason. I then go into the New tab on the app. This usually lists the threads that have been started or added to since I have been away. Those are the only 2 tabs I usually look at. If I am having an issue and need to find help I am usually on my computer and do use the search feature, but its not often. (Not because I don't need help but more because Google/SO usually have what I need. I don't usually go looking for things to comment on. If its current then it will be in the New tab, if its not then theres not really a point in contributing more once a thread has been dead for awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    satindertech and bleau canon like this.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapr_Arts View Post
    Im on my phone 99.9% of the time I am on here. The app I use has it so that I can choose what I see first. I choose to see all the posts I have participated in first, although this doesn't always work for some reason. I then go into the New tab on the app. This usually lists the threads that have been started or added to since I have been away. Those are the only 2 tabs I usually look at. If I am having an issue and need to find help I am usually on my computer and do use the search feature, but its not often. (Not because I don't need help but more because Google/SO usually have what I need. I don't usually go looking for things to comment on. If its current then it will be in the New tab, if its not then theres not really a point in contributing more once a thread has been dead for awhile.

Not that I don't appreciate your input. lol input sorry the picture of Jhonny 5 just popped into my head. I do appreciate it but it seems too me that you are kinda stalking me on this site I have posted in multiple places in the last day and you have something to add to everything that I say. I find it hard to believe you post on every single thread on this site as the first responce. So I need answers what is your infatuation with my posts.

The reason I posted the two new threads is to do another type of research for my business. All I see is you posting up the same thing you did in the other two posts just rewording the message differently. There is no new content in either of the three messages and I don't appreciate you using every one of my post to boost your post amounts.

I am going to ask you nicely please stop hounding my posts.

If you have new content to give than go ahead and post it but if you are just rewording the same message please don't.
    Last edited by Thetutguy; Mar 08th, 2016 at 08:45 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    I was on and I commented. Not stalking you. Yours was not the only posts I have made today.

I have the tabs like I mentioned, so your new posts come up when you are making a new post. I read most and comment on those that I am able to. You made 2-3 posts in a matter of 10-15 minutes and those were bunched up together. Your posts were about the same topic so yes the replies were going to be similar.

If I see a post and can, I will comment. If this is for research then my opinion should matter even if its not the one you want to hear. I am sorry, but until a mod says I am doing something wrong I will continue to posts replies, that is what I am here for. I will however try to avoid your posts if that is what you really want. Again, I was actually trying to contribute to the posts you made. I have nothing against you and am not singling you out, its just what I do.

I am surprised that you feel this way though, I do not feel like I have done anything wrong here. My post most certainly contributes to your question though, and have done nothing to implicate I was "picking on you".

satindertech and bleau canon like this.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapr_Arts View Post
    I was on and I commented. Not stalking you. Yours was not the only posts I have made today.

I have the tabs like I mentioned, so your new posts come up when you are making a new post. I read most and comment on those that I am able to. You made 2-3 posts in a matter of 10-15 minutes and those were bunched up together. Your posts were about the same topic so yes the replies were going to be similar.

If I see a post and can, I will comment. If this is for research then my opinion should matter even if its not the one you want to hear. I am sorry, but until a mod says I am doing something wrong I will continue to posts replies, that is what I am here for. I will however try to avoid your posts if that is what you really want. Again, I was actually trying to contribute to the posts you made. I have nothing against you and am not singling you out, its just what I do.

I am surprised that you feel this way though, I do not feel like I have done anything wrong here. My post most certainly contributes to your question though, and have done nothing to implicate I was "picking on you".

I don't see how both of my posts are the same. And again you missintupreted what I was getting at. All three of your reply were stating the same exact message just worded differently each time. People don't like being told the same thing over and over again so to tell me something three different time is a little annoying. I will admit the threads that I posted were related but in no way were they the same. Each topic was covering different fields of the same concept.

If you stayed within the realms of the specific concept then that would be good but answering the concept first and rebuddeling a point that you have already made in a previous post is where the problem comes in.

All I am asking is that you please leave the rebuddeling of past points out. Make your point once and have faith the message gets through as it did in this case.

In your first post to this thread all I have a problem with is your closing sentence as the point you made has already been made in one of my other posts. I do value the other information. It's the retouching on past posts that is annoying.

Yes I repeated the same point a few times wording it a little differently each time in hopes of proving my point. It is quite annoying.
    Last edited by Thetutguy; Mar 09th, 2016 at 01:34 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I use them on occasion, but not often. More for formatting posts than for sorting them.

I need to see the most recent posts because that's where the spammers usually target.
    satindertech likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I usually do not use Advance setting. I think most of the forum members do not use Advance setting option.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Most of us are happy with normal moves only !
    Problem with advanced setting is,
    you are addicted to this site more !
    LOL !

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetutguy View Post
    I don't see how both of my posts are the same. And again you missintupreted what I was getting at. All three of your reply were stating the same exact message just worded differently each time. People don't like being told the same thing over and over again so to tell me something three different time is a little annoying. I will admit the threads that I posted were related but in no way were they the same. Each topic was covering different fields of the same concept.

If you stayed within the realms of the specific concept then that would be good but answering the concept first and rebuddeling a point that you have already made in a previous post is where the problem comes in.

All I am asking is that you please leave the rebuddeling of past points out. Make your point once and have faith the message gets through as it did in this case.

In your first post to this thread all I have a problem with is your closing sentence as the point you made has already been made in one of my other posts. I do value the other information. It's the retouching on past posts that is annoying.

Yes I repeated the same point a few times wording it a little differently each time in hopes of proving my point. It is quite annoying.
    He is a very helpful guy.
    Most of us have a way to think.
    Trust him more than me or most of us here !
    LOL !

Member #
    Liked
    176 times
    Vapa_Arts is extremely knowledgeable, has given a lot of good advice. A lot can be learned from him and has solved a lot of issues for people here on the forum.
    Last edited by bleau canon; Mar 25th, 2016 at 10:30 AM.
    Bleau
    "Give the gift of life, Adopt a child, And an Animal"

Remove Ads