Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree11Likes
  • 2 Post By delstu
  • 3 Post By Ronald Roe
  • 3 Post By turboguy
  • 1 Post By bleau canon
  • 1 Post By turboguy
  • 1 Post By delstu

Thread: Printer to print flyers with

Member #

Printer to print flyers with

So Can someone please tell me what i,ll need to print colour flyers?
    I was looking at plotters but couldn,t find the information I needed but I think maybe a Colour LASERPRINTER will be enough?
    And what do plotters actually do?
    Do they cut,print or both?
    And will it print photo quality prints for flyers?

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Try inkjet printers with ink tank connected and fill them whenever needed.
    Only few brands are good for this type of printer.
    Epson is best.
    Get a latest model.
    Check videos for how to use.
    Read feedbacks at amazon etc e-shops
    If ok, go for it.
    Only liquid ink will be cheaper with right kind of paper.
    Check on these aspects.
    Laser printers even if smaller ones are not cheap. Though most of papers can be used with it.
    Refilling cost is also much much more.
    Last edited by satindertech; Mar 12th, 2016 at 11:28 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    292 times
    Inkjet printers are dirt cheap - ink cartridges are not and they don't last too long (it sounds like you plan on printing larger volumes) and if you don't print for a few weeks the jet tends to dry out and you have to replace the ink cartridge. Epson used to be one of the cheapest but quality was doubtful a few years back - I don't know about more recent models. I got tired of having to buy ink cartridges (you may save some money by buying ink and a refill kit but its a bother) every month for HP printers and got a Brother laser jet instead.

In the long run, laser printers are a better value. They are more reliable, produce better quality prints, toner cartridges last a long time and don't plug up during long periods of inactivity. In the long run my printing costs have gone way down since I switched to laser. After a quick look , the first one I found on Amazon cost $224. Brother is a good brand.

I know nothing about plotters.
    satindertech and bleau canon like this.

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Kinko's...
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    130 times
    A color laser printer is much more expensive than an injet but your printing costs, quality and speed will be much better with the laser.

I think you might be better off having the printing done by a professional. I took a look at the online site for the printing company I use and in a quantity of 50 the cost is less than one cent. For a quantity of 250 it is 4/10's of a cent (250 for $ 99.60) The quality would be better, the paper they use will be better and the end product would look much more professional.

Most people peg the cost of printing a page with photos on an injet printer at a buck or more.

Member #
    Liked
    176 times
    My husband and one of our daughters handle the architectural engineering part of our business. They run several large format printers (plotters) and the cost is huge especially when printing color and 36 inch wide or wider paper. When they have to do highly detailed drawings of a project, especially in color, with a pile of different drawings and have to make several copies of each drawing you would be surprised what our cost on it is. They also have to do their own printing because they put digital signatures in their drawings so they wouldn't outsource any printing because of that, so we have to foot the bill.

I think turboguy's and Ronald's ideas would be the best route to go.
    Last edited by bleau canon; Mar 13th, 2016 at 11:47 AM.
    satindertech likes this.
    Bleau
    "Give the gift of life, Adopt a child, And an Animal"

Member #
    Liked
    130 times
    If you want to see for yourself what it would cost to have your flyers professionally printed I will give you the link to the printing company we use. They do have their prices in an online calculator so you can see exactly what the cost would be. We just started using them a year ago and they have some of the best pricing for printing I have seen and their quality is excellent. We get a lot of printing done and are usually ordering 2500 to 5000 at a time in 2 4 and 8 page brochures but their prices are very good in low quantities as well. Here is the link www.ConquestGraphics.com
    satindertech likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    292 times
    I confess I didn't think of it since it has been so long since I had a large volume print job, but turboguy and Ronald are correct, if quantity is needed, professional print shops are a lot more economical.
    satindertech likes this.

Member #
    Ok can someone please recomment me a good color laser printer that is available in Europe and is compatible with LINUX MINT 17.2?

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Take a look on
    Inkjet
    Vistaprint
    Solid Ink

Remove Ads