Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Cybercrime alert - WebEdge Design LLC

Member #

Cybercrime alert - WebEdge Design LLC

Cybercrime alert - WebEdge Design LLC

Hi everyone, this is my first post.

I thought I'd take the opportunity to inform the community about the above named web design company.

My company, Home Lighting Solutions P/L, hired WebEdge Design LLC (webedge | design. based in Cleveland Ohio) to provide web design services and technical support for our online business hosted over a three year period. When we decided to end the association and close the business, instead of shutting down the website, Brian McAllister (Owner of WebEdge Design LLC) illegally accessed and hijacked our website, hosted on our domain. He then created new content on our domain and redirected all traffic to another company's website instead.

The ACORN (Australian Cybercrime Online Reporting Network) and Federal Police are currently working with the US authorities to prosecute this company.

Stay safe online.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I neither believe your story, nor do I disbelieve your story. I think your story is incomplete and there's more to it than what you've told us, but that doesn't necessarily make you a liar. It just means we're missing some information.

For one thing, you seem to be carrying a bit of a grudge, although if you are telling the truth it is quite understandable.

https://www.facebook.com/Webd2d/posts/917277048321768

For another thing, there's this info related to your IP address, which suggests you're visiting us "from" a Las Vegas data center. Either you're tech-savvy or you're at an MGM property on vacation.

IP Address: 136.179.21.73

There's also this:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/brian-mcallester-7905096

According to the bio, his company merged with this company:

Jetpack Group ? Give your business a boost.

And they haven't even redirected webedgedesign.com to jetpackgroup.com. That doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Why would they redirect your content to somewhere else and not even do it for this "merger"? There is one possibility in which your story fits the scenario I've outlined (i.e. that he started a new company and doesn't want any trace of the old company near it), but then why mention the old company in the LinkedIn profile?

As I said, there are some missing pieces to this story. I'm reserving any kind of judgement until we hear from Brian or someone at Webedge/Jetpack/whatever it is they call themselves.
    khenney and bleau canon like this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Theres always 3 sides, your side, their side, and the truth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    bleau canon likes this.

Member #
    Hi there,

Yes you are correct. I was on holiday staying at the MGM Grand while in Las Vegas several days ago. Right now we're staying in Hawaii for the next phase of our tour of the US. It would be extremely silly of me to post such content if it were untrue. It is also a federal offence to provide false and misleading information to the authorities in Australia. The matter has been reviewed by ACORN, followed by the Victoria Police, before being sent to the Attorney General. The cybercrime department of the FBI has also been informed. The police in Australia said that it will take some time to prosecute this company, because they are based in the US. I just thought I'd let people know so that no one else falls victim in the meantime. I too would be very interested to get a response from Mr McAllister. I will reframe from naming the other US company at this stage as I don't know what involvement they had. Thank you for your interest.

Member #
    Yes that is very true. It is in the hands of the authorities now. They did say not to expect a quick prosecution. It will take some time. Meanwhile many other companies could be compromised by WebEdge Design LLC.

Member #
    I will be checking back with the Authorities when I return to Australia and I'll provide you with more information then.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Regardless of truth or not. You should know that it is never smart to talk about an ongoing investigation and/or legal battle. Most attorney's would probably advise you not to talk to anyone openly about it. Just my 2 cents.

TheGAME1264 and bleau canon like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    That's true. Even if your intentions are good, and they may very well be, anything you say can and almost certainly will be used against you.
    bleau canon likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    176 times
    They sure have a non user friendly website.
    Ronald Roe likes this.
    Bleau
    "Give the gift of life, Adopt a child, And an Animal"

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapr_Arts View Post
    Regardless of truth or not. You should know that it is never smart to talk about an ongoing investigation and/or legal battle. Most attorney's would probably advise you not to talk to anyone openly about it. Just my 2 cents.

Thank you for your advice Vapr_Arts, your 2 cents are valid.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads