Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ronald Roe

Thread: Posting links

Member #
    Liked
    148 times

Posting links

I'm hoping to get clarification on the rules about posting links.

I'm getting ready to publish, on our company blog, a rather extensive annotated list of free stock photo resources, compiled over the course of the last few months. It was actually inspired in part by an earlier post in this forum about unsplash.com, and conceived as a resource for my own clients (especially those who seem to think Google image search is a good way to get photos for their blog posts).

My question is, am I allowed to share that link in a post here, even though it's to my own site? Or is that too self-promotional? I've never shared a blog post here, but this one seems like it may be of particular interest to the community. All I could find about links on the T&C page is this:

Links to external content should be kept to a minimum, and should only be used if they relate to the thread subject. Creating a post with just a link is not helpful to anyone, so please make sure links are accompanied by sufficient explanation that a reader can choose not to follow the link.

Thanks in advance.
    Kevin Henney
    CRUCIAL CREATIVE
    Web Development - Graphic Design - Branding

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    If I can see that you're legitimately posting it as a resource and not just to drive traffic to your site, I won't delete it. I would like to see you maybe find one of the several stock photo threads and post it there, though.
    khenney likes this.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    148 times
    OK, thanks!
    Kevin Henney
    CRUCIAL CREATIVE
    Web Development - Graphic Design - Branding

Remove Ads