Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By sarahswansea
  • 1 Post By TheGAME1264

Thread: I made a thing! :)

Member #
    Liked
    64 times

Cool I made a thing! :)

So I made this online tool called Brainy Spender

Basically the idea is it helps you find killer deals on Amazon

Its really easy to use. You just tell it what to look for, and how big of a discount you want (e.g. 80%), and then it shows you anything matching. You can click options on the left to refine your search further. So far its been AWESOME for finding good deals on shoes and makeup! (I'm sure that's popular round here, right? )

I haven't made the design pretty yet, and it needs some fine tuning. But I hope you find it useful! Any feedback or ideas to improve it will be super gratefully received too!
    Ronald Roe likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I know I need deals on makeup, like, all the time and stuff! And shoes? I just can't get enough pairs of shoes! A pair for the gym, a pair for everyday use, and a pair for dressing up. Oh yeah, and my cowboy boots. So that's...3 + 1 equals...carry the spider...common core math...about 85 pairs of shoes!

I tried your tool with video games. For a thin affiliate tool and your first try, it's not too bad. I normally criticize these things and I freakin' hate Amazon and have for decades, but I can tell you did it for a learning experience and you did put some thought into it. I'd look at more categories/subcategories, though. Try searching for video games for the Wii U at around a 60% discount and you'll see what I mean...there are comparatively few games and mostly accessories.

I'd also love to see you work other things into it, such as Rakuten and eBay and...well, anything that isn't Amazon.
    sarahswansea likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    I know exactly what you mean about Amazon! They're a big local employer in Swansea but they treat the workers shockingly badly too.

I want to change it more to things like clothing stores, because that's where you do get the sort of bargains that makes this tool interesting.

Thanks for the feedback

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahswansea View Post
    I know exactly what you mean about Amazon! They're a big local employer in Swansea but they treat the workers shockingly badly too.
    I live near the major Canadian distribution center. My brother-in-law worked there for about 3 weeks, when the entire shift quit en masse because apparently Amazon wasn't too big on paying overtime to people who worked 44 hours (which is actually Ontario law, so it's not as though they could have gotten around it). I find their treatment of workers pretty shabby, but sadly I don't find it shocking the way most would.

I like the idea of other clothing stores, though. That might be useful.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    I think you really make a great deal.

Member #
    i think it's great !

Member #
    i want to find some idea to edit picture ! =))

Remove Ads