Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Ronald Roe

Thread: What is the best web development text editor/tool?

Member #

What is the best web development text editor/tool?

Good day everyone, I'm a newbie in web development/design. As a beginner, my progress in develop something always being distracted with the thought of "What tools other programmer use?, Am doing the right way?.. bla blaa..".

Straight to my question, what is the best tool for me to use to develop website?

Currently I'm using Sublime Text 3 but I want to change into editor like Dreamweaver, Netbeans, etc. Sorry if my english is bad. Thank you. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Sublime Text is fine. Editors like Dreamweaver have a lot of "crutches" that will stunt your growth as a developer. If you're looking at tooling, look more at the technology you're using to build and what tools you can use to enhance that.

For instance, many developers are using CSS preprocessors like Sass or LESS. These preprocessors give you programmatic tools that help you write more elegant styling. Nesting, variables and mixins open up worlds you didn't know existed.

More examples exist, so if you can let us know what all you're doing, we can suggest more.
    rknidzam, lakecyd and TheGAME1264 like this.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    As Ron said, it's hard to tell without knowing what it is you're doing.

https://www.visualstudio.com/vs/visual-studio-express/ <-- great editor for most programming languages/frameworks, and it's free. It has a horrible name (Visual Studio) because it isn't a WYSIWYG editor. It's also not very good for PHP, so if you're going down that road you won't want to use this. For HTML/CSS and especially Microsoft technologies (ASP.net in particular), it kicks ***.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    If You dont need WYSIWIG, try to use ATOM https://atom.io/

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Viewporttech View Post
    Hi, i think Notepad++ is best, You can easily use.
    Yeah basically Notepad++ act same like Sublime Text but I am looking into some tool that can do much at web design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ronald Roe; Dec 05th, 2016 at 04:03 AM.

Remove Ads