Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Need form mail script advice

I was using formmail.php to send form data from a contact form on my website, but the formmail script (from tectite) is no longer being supported. What php script mail program could you could suggest that's currently being supported, and supports php version 7.1 or higher?

I already have the form, I just need a script program to handle the form data to receive emails.

Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Did it stop working?
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    No it didn't, but I need a higher version of php than 5.4 to run my wordpress blog, and I'm tired of the spam from the formmail.php script. And I don't want to use wordpress contact mail plugins because my website is not a wordpress website. This is the page: www.martialartsmbs.com/contact.php

I eliminated the form action, pointing to formmail. Just need a new, updated script that's being supported to plug into it.

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Is PHP's built-in mail() function an option?

That would let you roll your own custom setup. It's pretty easy to implement.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    I'm not a php developer. I don't know php at all actually. I'm trying to find a php script program already written with strong anti-spam controls that I could just plop in a folder, add in my information to make the form work, and then plugin the form action and be done. "123 Contact Form" has security vulnerabilities in my opinion, and is not comprehensive enough. I've tried another form script that WAS comprehensive, but it was buggy and I couldn't customize it to work on my page -- I had to use their prewritten page.

Remove Ads