Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Starting working for someone

Hello guys i am recently interesting in web development and i learn html css and some javascript.I do some practice and now it is no more satisfactory to do all the same exercises again and again.I want to work for someone and think that it is valuable thing what i do(and also think that it motivates me and causes me to work harder).I can work for free but i don't know where to find such people ,do you have any suggestions for me?Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by e223494; Dec 04th, 2017 at 03:25 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    939 times
    I can't speak for Turkey, but in the US, a lot of design/development companies offer internships. Some paid, some not. I would seek that out. They're specifically designed to get you into the work processes and pair you with mentors who will help you grow as a developer.

Alternatively, find local charities or religious organizations that need web work done and offer your services.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Roe View Post
    I can't speak for Turkey, but in the US, a lot of design/development companies offer internships. Some paid, some not. I would seek that out. They're specifically designed to get you into the work processes and pair you with mentors who will help you grow as a developer.

Alternatively, find local charities or religious organizations that need web work done and offer your services.
    thank you i will try this

Member #
    An internship is a good idea. However, what I used to do before I had enough skill to actually offer services for money would be to go through freelancer websites, pick out a random job that requires the skills I was learning, read the brief for the project then go away and build it as if I was actually building it for a client. This not only helped with avoiding repetitive lessons and tutorials that get boring after a while because I was creating different things each time with real world projects but it also helps you learn how to solve those real world problems and gives you experience working within the scope and specific requirements of the project in the way you will be doing as a professional.

Remove Ads