Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Starting out as a freelance front-end developer

Hi, I am new here (actually just joined) so hoping I am posting this is the right section. If not my apologies.

So hoping you guys can help me with my current situation. I am a self taught front end developer who has spent about 14 months teaching my self HTML, CSS, Javascript as well as as frameworks such as bootstap, and sass.

I want to work for my self as my title suggested as a freelancer but it seem all the freelance gigs I see online require soo much more than my current skill set i.e front end and backend technologies. I know the obvious option would be to teach my self those valuable skills as well but that brings me to my question, do all the freelancers out there have all these skills or usually outsource and if so how much do you charge as I am guessing you would need to charge more to cover the costs of outsourcing and as a newbie that is not always easy finding clients who are able to pay you a tad bit more

Thank you for any advice received

Remove Ads