Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By delstu
  • 1 Post By nshep

Thread: opinion on my website

Member #

opinion on my website

Hello everyone,
    names woody. I've jst recently turned a hobby into a side business. I curently serve in the armed forces and find myself going away every few months so I 'm currently trying to get everything up and running before i'm whisked away once again.
    Would it be possible if someone could take the time to look at my website and give me a non-partial opinion. Theres only so much feedback family and friends can give you! I've created it with Wix and paid the upgrade for the full site and would love a little bit of feedback. I've never built a website and have little experience on this kind of thing.Ihope i havent wasted my money. I went with wix as I found it quite easy to put together, how good is this company when it comes to getting found on search engines? any advice would be amazing! cheers guys

https://www.craggymountain.com/
    Last edited by wooday218; Jul 09th, 2019 at 05:09 AM.

Member #
    Maybe it's little too dark but really nice!!

Member #
    For me, it's very nice..

Envoyé de mon Moto X Play en utilisant Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    300 times
    The site looks fairly good BUT...

Your site is not responsive. Most searches are done today on mobile phones. Your site is terrible on mobile, likely because your images are not set up for responsive design. Instead of specifying width and height, specify max width, height auto. This will allow your image to downsize as the size of the screen diminishes.

Almost no content! Add 30 pages, better would be 60, pages of content. Search engines try to find the best content that answers the searchers question.

Using Google suggests you can find a great many topics to write about. Search Google for "paracord" (without the quotes) then look for the People also ask section and you can write pages answering those questions.You need to write pages that are at least 1500 words long. Not as hard as it sounds. You know a lot about paracord and Google will help you.

The first question I found was “What is paracord used for?”. When I typed that into the search box Google listed below the search box 8 additional things people search for closely related to the question. This gives you additional sub-questions to write about in your article/page. A couple of paragraphs about each of those will get you close to the word count you need without adding fluff. Stay tightly focused and don't stray off topic.
    Last edited by delstu; Sep 23rd, 2019 at 12:39 PM.
    sibert likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Some quick feedback:

- The first image on the homepage is blurry for me. Maybe it's not the right resolution
    - Your business email address should not be a Gmail address. That's unprofessional. Get an email address with your custom domain.
    - You have typos in your content. Mainly missing or additional spaces around punctuation. This is true for your homepage as well as product descriptions.
    - Why do you have two different shops (Etsy/your own website)?
    - Your site could use more content. I don't agree with the "30-60 pages" advice but right now it's a little thin

Aside from that, good job! Especially for a first-timer. In the future, I would go with a self-hosted WordPress site, since this gives you more freedom and full ownership over your site and content.
    turboguy likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    138 times
    For a first website by a non professional I would give it 5 stars. I do agree with Delstu that these days being responsive so it shows properly on any device is important. I also agree with nshep that if you ever decide to redo your site Wordpress would be a great choice.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    You need to fix the adaptive.

Remove Ads