Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Cool Movie Theaters vs. Netflix/Prime/Disney+ (Entertainment Streaming Services)

Do you think for example Netflix will replace Movie Theaters?

Because Netflix, Prime & other Entertainment Streaming Services are producing Movie Quality TV Movies. This is rather recent because TV movies often had a small budget & pailed in comparison to the Motion Pictures. Now with Netflix & others they are producing MAJOR MOTION PICTURE QUALITY movies, literally on a weekly to daily basis.

*Before you say Netflix isn't TV and its and online streaming website. I know, but right now in 2019 most people watch it on their tv screens.

The only advantage Movie Theaters have is the size of their screen. Big comfortable chairs, food etc can be argued that you already have access to that at most homes. At least ones that can afford to know have been to movie theaters with such luxuries and have subscriptions to Netflix & other services.

In a way Netflix, Prime etc are BETTER because they are #1 more affordable if you enjoy entertainment on a regular basis. #2 They have much more flexibility in the type of content they product. Movie story plots are very much cookie cutter productions. Also being you have to pay the big ticket fee to see any movie with a streaming service your more likely to be open to see new or different material because there is less risk (monterey wise.)

Overall I don't see how the CURRENT movie theater business model of charging per ticket will last. Like I mentioned before the ONLY benefit is the BIG screen. But do you need a BIG screen to watch a Romantic comedy? Some films seems to be better on THE BIG SCREEN and other movies you really could careless if it's the silver screen or your television at home.

MAYBE....

The future of Movie Theaters isn't what it is looking like now. That is MORE luxuries, food and drink options. Movie Theaters are worthless without anything to SHOW. On the other hand people who CREATE THE SHOWS will lose A LOT OF REVENUE if they continue to take the LION SHARE that is earned in the Box Office. As Most Studios take 50% and over for the costs of tickets.

This makes you think with the trends going as they are now

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by longislandhub View Post
    Do you think for example Netflix will replace Movie Theaters?

Because Netflix, Prime & other Entertainment Streaming Services are producing Movie Quality TV Movies. This is rather recent because TV movies often had a small budget & pailed in comparison to the Motion Pictures. Now with Netflix & others they are producing MAJOR MOTION PICTURE QUALITY movies, literally on a weekly to daily basis.

*Before you say Netflix isn't TV and its and online streaming website. I know, but right now in 2019 most people watch it on their tv screens.

The only advantage Movie Theaters have is the size of their screen. Big comfortable chairs, food etc can be argued that you already have access to that at most homes. At least ones that can afford to know have been to movie theaters with such luxuries and have subscriptions to Netflix & other services.

In a way Netflix, Prime etc are BETTER because they are #1 more affordable if you enjoy entertainment on a regular basis. #2 They have much more flexibility in the type of content they product. Movie story plots are very much cookie cutter productions. Also being you have to pay the big ticket fee to see any movie with a streaming service your more likely to be open to see new or different material because there is less risk (monterey wise.)

Overall I don't see how the CURRENT movie theater business model of charging per ticket will last. Like I mentioned before the ONLY benefit is the BIG screen. But do you need a BIG screen to watch a Romantic comedy? Some films seems to be better on THE BIG SCREEN and other movies you really could careless if it's the silver screen or your television at home.

MAYBE....

The future of Movie Theaters isn't what it is looking like now. That is MORE luxuries, food and drink options. Movie Theaters are worthless without anything to SHOW. On the other hand people who CREATE THE SHOWS will lose A LOT OF REVENUE if they continue to take the LION SHARE that is earned in the Box Office. As Most Studios take 50% and over for the costs of tickets.

This makes you think with the trends going as they are now
    One is the loneliest number that I ever knew!!!!!!!! Sometimes I feel like Pluto. lol

Remove Ads