Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: help help help

Member #
    Our webmaster is also the owner of mypost.com(his name is Ehsan ..something), he has been holding us hostage for several months threatenign to cut us off from our web site.

We registered www.saatchitrading.com and he was hosting and developing the site for us! Now I found out that he has forwareded our site from netwroksolutions.com to another host and finnaly to his own compnay mypost.com.

Meanwhile he has registered www.saatchinetwork.com (or www.saatchitradingnetwork.com) without telling me and my partners(the owners and copuright holders ).

I don't know what to do!!! He has been extorting 700 cash per week and if we don'tpay he has threatende to shut us down!

I am at a complete loss and don't knwo where to turn PLEASE HELP ME!!

God Bless you all just for reading!

Member #
    Sorry about the spelling

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    www.saatchitradingnetwork.com doesn't exist. If he is extorting money, go to the cops. If he is simply abusing a contract, go to a lawyer. Hell, go to a lawyer anyway. BTW, he's had www.saatchinetwork.com registered since 06-Jun-2003. What's really scary is that he's had mypost.com since '96 and still has the default page up. What's even scarier is that the WHOIS info on activeserverhosting.com ONLY lists a phone number and nothing else. I could have sworn it's mandatory to have more than that listed, even if it's privacy protected by the registrant, they need to say so I think.

Here's some good news:
    Registrant:
    SAATCHI TRADING INC (SAATCHITRADING-DOM)
    607 E BALBOA BLVD APT B
    NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92661-1359
    US

Domain Name: SAATCHITRADING.COM

Administrative Contact:
    SAATCHI TRADING INC (IXTVHYQVVO) FSAATCHI@NETZERO.COM
    607 E BALBOA BLVD APT B
    NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92661-1359
    US
    949 673 5518 fax: 949 673 5908
    Technical Contact:
    Network Solutions, Inc. (HOST-ORG) customerservice@networksolutions.com
    21355 Ridgetop Circle
    Dulles, VA 20166
    US
    1-888-642-9675 fax: 571-434-4620
    If this is right, Network Solutions is still the registrant as well as the name server host. You should be able to contact them to ensure that your company still has control over the original domain name. If you have access to the website content, copy it, then just switch to a different host. You could do it with minimal downtime (possibly none).

What are his reasons for charging $700 dollars? Depending on the contract (if any exists), he may have a leg to stand on, as it were.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    If you registered the domain, it's yours and you can write to the registrar to have it's password reset or whatever, as he shouldn't be able to have it redirected to sites he chooses if it is your domain... Although if I read correctly, he's probably had to forge your confirmation to move the domain. While this is illegal, again you've got to prove somehow that you didn't "authorise" the move - I'm assuming he had full access to everything including your mail, so could quite easily have said "Yeah I want the domain given to Eshan..." So you might be out of luck on that account too.

As for registering the other domains behind your back, theres not a lot you can do - company names are shared everywhere and unless you can prove it was done maliciously and have a large pocket to pay for a lawyer, theres not a lot you can do about that.

As for holding you/your site hostage, go to authorities higher than him - maybe have a cease and decist(sp?) letter drawn up for him. I had a few run in's before and usually an official letter (or even email if that is the only way) is enough to get most people to back off.

This is a tricky one, and if the authorities can't do anything I suggest you take more drastic measures and hit him where it hurts - in the pocket. Tell him where to shove your site, get down as much as you can and set up elsewhere. It's no use running a business to line his pocket as where are you getting? Not very far. It's hard work and it's hassle, but unfortunately he's got you by the short and curly's.

Member #
    1.I have now REDIRECTED the web site to our new site!!! at least that much I can do, THANKS GUYS. It will take 72 hours

2.As for the contect it is all the ASP files that are supper important . (THIS IS the big problem)

3.I manually copied the financial database one member by ine member and saved it to my hard drive.

4.My attorney will hit him with a cease and decist letter on moday

5.Is there anyway for me to get access to the databses and download them entirely??

Member #
    If you have shell access it can be done - otherwise, not to my knowledge.

Good call on the attorney, I've got a good equivalent (Lawyer we call em here lol) since I seem to be in more hot water than lobsters in fancy restaurants these days. Ah well.

Good luck!

Member #
    I have the admin pass but not the host pass so I can not ftp the site to extract the files??!

Member #
    Not to my knowledge - on all web servers I have used in my time, I have come across none that allowed me to see the real root, which meant getting to the SQL was impossible - Most webservers limit "Root" as the directory where you see HTTPDOCS etc, altho that is not the server "Root" - you know if you're there when you can view directories such as Bin/Tmp etc (Although they won't be called that on a Windows server)

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Most people don't realize this, but if a domain name is registered by someone who doesn't have a specific legal business interest that relates directly to the domain name, then that domain name can be taken away from that individual and given to a company who has legal interests that relate to the domain name, and that the former foots the bill in some cases. In other words, your buddy Ehsan may have to give you that domain name and he's out the money for it.

As far as getting your files back without access to Ehsan's server, you may be able to do it through your lawyer. Have your lawyer request that all files and database information (if any) that relate to your site be presented to you in CD-ROM format immediately, and then once per month after that (assuming you still want to use the guy). Assuming he hasn't wiped them out (and he probably hasn't since he'll want his $700 a week) then he'll have to cough them up.

You may run into difficulty getting the password back for saatchitrading.com, since there isn't a human name associated with it. Saatchi Trading still legally owns the domain (as the "registrant"), but there isn't a human admin contact that can say he/she is an authorized signing authority for the business. I'm not sure how Netsol handles that situation, but if it's anything like they handle everything else, it won't be handled very well. Netsol is brutal when it comes to "customer service".

By the way, it's spelled "desist".

I hope at least some of this helps.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    I don't know how to thank everyone for your help!

a BIG THANKS guys!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads