Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

View Poll Results: Is Quinstreet worthwhile to participate in?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

0 0%
  • No.

1 33.33%
  • What's Quinstreet?

2 66.67%
    Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    ...I'm going to anyway, because I'm stupid too.

Okay, here's the situation:

A company called Quinstreet cold-called me (yay telemarketing) with the strangest request, which normally I'd dismiss outright as a scam except for some reason I recall the company name and can't think why.

Basically, what they want my company to do is to design and promote a website for one of their advertisers, and they'll design the lead generation form. They want to pay me on a lead basis for any leads generated. They seem to have targetted the education sector in particular, as they mentioned a lot of keywords and phrases that they'd like to target.

I've read a few reviews on the company (most notably from Adbility, although the site hasn't been the same since Mark Welch sold it), and they've all been very favourable.

Here's my question: does anyone here have any experience at all with Quinstreet that can tell me more about it, and whether or not it'd be worth me spending half a day designing a site, throwing it up on the search engines, and taking advantage of a scenario whereby I could relatively quickly run an inbound link campaign? I'm inclined to think no, but I'm really not 100% sure on this.

Thanks.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Sounds almost like a pyramid scheme. You're trying to recruit new members at the end of the day.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    That's what I thought at first, but the things that are being "pyramided" are actual services from what I've seen, as opposed to your typical braindead pyramid scams where you're selling nothing at all but someone else's recycled garbage (hey, Anthony Robbins, how are ya buddy?) Although I can kinda see where you're coming from.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    The bigger the risk, the bigger the return, and this seems to be a medium sized risk. I guess it depends on how quickly you can put a site together. If you can do it in a few hours, it may be worth taking a chance to see if this pans out. Promoting is the trickier part though, because the more time you put in to that, the better results you could possibly get. If YOU think it sounds good, than it must look somewhat possible if you to took a second look at it and took the time to make this thread.

Remove Ads