Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Right,
    Basically I need some help, at the moment I am running low on space, I have to many computers and have run out of space, so I need to get a bigger desk ("whys he posting that on this forum? What a muppet")

I am looking for a fairly big desk would be ideal if it was a cornered desk. Just thought it was worth asking because no doubt everyone here has the same problem and may know of a good place.

One other question (saves me starting a new thread) is I am looking to move to dual monitors and am looking for help with finding some, do you know of any good yet cheap TFT monitors? If not cheap then it doesnt matter, they dont have to be TFT, just a good quality, good value monitor.

Thank you,
    Daniel Oliver.

JR
    Member #
    Ikea do some pretty cool stuff and it doesn't cost too much. Check them out if there is one near you.
    JR

Member #
    Umm, by the way, I am in England, not sure if they are in the UK or not?

JR
    Member #
    Yes they are, eventhough they are Swedish. There is a massive one near me, must take half-an-hour to walk around it all. IIRC correctly there is one in Leeds as well. Check the site: Ikea.
    JR

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Ikea is hard to come by.. they're very spread out, but when they build a store, it's massive!

I'd just scan the ads... Frys Electronics (kind of a regional thing) has good deals, but be forwarned you need to know what you're buying and doing because you're not going to get any help...

Uhh... build a desk
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Englandshire, United Kingdomsville y'all!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi Dan.

Your nearest Ikea stores are Bristol or Cardiff so I figure too far to be of any use.

I find that Staples do good desks but at the moment Focus DIY are doing a whole range of office furniture that's really sturdy and cheap - a 1.4 x 1.8 meter corner desk is 79 and you can get them left and right handed. My current set up is two of those, one right, one left which gives me a huge semi-circular working space (enough for the 6 PCs and 5 monitors that I've got set up).

Member #
    Ikea is huge! and they have a number down by the London, I got to the Croyden shop which evidently is the UK's largest! and they just made it bigger! A good amount of my furniture is Ikea, and yeah its cheap!
    regards,
    robc

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    I grew up 10 min away from the first IKEA in the U.S.A. Place freakin rocked. Even had a cafeteria type place for customers, made AWESOME Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwiches with a moose on the bag!

I can build ANYTHING from IKEA. Ikea, how I miss thee...
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I don't suppose if anybody knows if there are good leather high-back chairs at Ikea? Not sure if their website has everything.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    my nextdoor neighboor (gemini-ISP) just got 2 computer desks for under 100$ COMBINED. there pretty good. aluminium and wood. he bought them wal-mart, i am in the US btw i don't know if they are world wide.
    KRS-ONE....Knowledge Reigns Supreme Over Nearly Everyone....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads