Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    So what do you think is the best design idea ever? The reason I ask is that I have been set an assignment at university on what the answer to this questions is. I thought this would be a great place to conduct my research as its the only place I have access to the minds of so many designers. The answer must be related to the media, whether mulitimedia, print (e.g. quarkXpress), film (e.g. bullet time from the matrix), etc. I'd really value your opinions and help.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    contrast
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    if you could give the reasons why you believe it to be the best idea then that would be great

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Contrast is the basis upon which our society is based. Black & White, Hot & Cold, Rich & Poor. It's able to convey the most amount of ideas with the least amount of effort. While a simple black and white photo may not have any color, it's contrast alone can convey many feelings and ideas. A design without contrast is nothing...
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Banned
    Member #
    first i thought the contrast thing was brilliant, but actually not so sure its a design idea? Great question though, would have to get back to you

Member #
    Watch the language fgfgfgh, don't try to get around the foul language censor, it's there for a reason.

I think contrast is a design idea, artwork is filled with contrast: contrasting colors, contrasting ideas, etc. The question seems a little far fetched to me though: the best design idea ever? Art is about expression and opinions, there's no right or wrong answer to this question. It's kinda like asking: What's the best country in the world? You could find an arguement for every country in the world. (Don't start a political debate, I'm just making an example). My point is that different design ideas are more or less important depending on the individual piece. Artwork is the collaboration of many "design ideas", and together they make a piece of art what it is.

Englandshire, United Kingdomsville y'all!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I dunno about design idea but the flushing toilet was voted the best invention ever a couple of years ago

Banned
    Member #
    Originally posted by splufdaddy
    Watch the language fgfgfgh, don't try to get around the foul language censor, it's there for a reason.

what is the reason? is this a christian forum? oh well, just have to swear under my breath, as if i was in a church or somethin

contrast is used in design, doesnt necessarily make it a design idea, i guess 'design idea' could be a bit more specific

mossoi
    I dunno about design idea but the flushing toilet was voted the best invention ever a couple of years ago
    imagine a world without it man..along the same lines, similar poll recently voted the widget best ever invention, think internet and mobile phone were just below

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Originally posted by fgfgfgh
    what is the reason? is this a christian forum?
    Not Christian. Intelligent. Mature.

Of course, the fact that you associate language requirements with religion shows an obliviousness that would suggest a lack of either in you.

Member #
    You've sworn on here before and asked the same question. This is your official warning. Foul language has no purpose here, and we have measures to prevent it. Circumventing these measures proves that you are really trying to swear, and really trying to break the rules.

Not tolerating foul language doesn't make you religious. It makes you intelligent and mature as Transio said. It's not a huge request to honor, so please refrain from the foul language. It won't be missed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads