Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I have adaware, spybot, and one other protection program on my PC. Still spyware is getting on my system. The system bogs down (and it shouldn't), and my default homepage keeps getting reset.

Any ideas on how to find out who is doing this and put a stop to it.

Thanks,
    MaFunk

Mods- I wasn't sure where to put this.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Run an antivirus program and a firewall. Also make sure all the definitions for all the programs in question are up to date. If it still is a problem, reformat because you won't have a hope.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    where can i found free firewall?

Originally posted by filburt1
    Run an antivirus program and a firewall. Also make sure all the definitions for all the programs in question are up to date. If it still is a problem, reformat because you won't have a hope.
    i found also a spyware in my computer... i recently delete it but i did third time... is there any free firewall which can keep such spywares away from my pc?

Member #
    www.zonealarm.com has a free firewall you can download. It's not bad, I've used it before.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    humm that's ok

Originally posted by splufdaddy
    www.zonealarm.com has a free firewall you can download. It's not bad, I've used it before.
    but.. is it very powerfull i tried Mcafee it was superb but i could run my local server also with it so i have to remove Mcafee

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Reformatting seems to be the only trick I've ever had ACTUALLY work for removing all spyware. I just reformatted my friends Dell system... booting IE was taking up to 45 seconds on a 2.2GHZ/512ram nearly new dell... Went from that to a fraction of a second after reformat.

I've found if you don't download crap like "free time sync" and use a real browser then you can eliminate spyware. I've not gottten an unwanted pop-up or unknown process on my Win2k machine for over 2 years by using this theory...

Just my .02
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    spyware comes from using free software and visiting certain websites ----
    same as Brak the only way to get rid of it was to reformat the drive or run Ad-aware -- ad-aware have been working great for the last 12 months for me ---

This is becoming a problem for people who do not know how to fix there computer themselves
    Mas
    Gemini-isp.com

Member #
    Hmmm. . . all good thoughts.

I've got zonealarm, spybot and adaware, but stil am having trouble with spyward. So, I guess I need to reformat. How do I do that? When you say to use a "real browser" do you mean use mozilla instead of ie?

We had spyware before and zonealarm seemed to take care of it for a time. But now, within the past week, it has become a real problem. The problem started around the same time that I was visiting and downloading from phpbb.com, mamboserver.com, and phpbbfm.net. I downloaded their programs, as well as a few mods submitted by others. Do you think that could be the source of my problems? How do I find the spyware and get it off of my system completely?

Cheers,
    MaFunk

Member #
    Funny you mention those sites. I've been frequenting phpbb.com lately, and I looked into phpbbfm via their site, and I haven't been having any spyware trouble.

If you want to format, you'll have to get a copy of the Windows OS you want to install on CD. If you bought a name brand computer, you should have this. I haven't done any other format besides XP in a while, but with XP you put the CD in your CD-ROM drive and boot up, and follow some installation instructions. Be sure to save any files/programs that you need, because you'll lose all of that when you format.

Also, another avenue to try if you haven't already, is Googling any programs that are running that you think might be spyware. Usually someone out there has written something about spyware problems that are causing them trouble, and you might hit upon a thread in a forum that offers the solution to getting rid of the programs in question. Happens more often than you think.

Member #
    Found an awesome site that tells you everything you want to know about spyware. If, after reading their FAQ and following their reccomended steps, you still have spywared problems, they will step you through how to get rid of it.

Link here http://www.spywareinfo.com

Remove Ads