Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pocket pc

Member #
    Ah I see, if you get one that needs cables for internet access would you be able to use it abroad? Or with a laptop, beacause I have a laptop but not sure if it would be worth taking on holiday if I cant really use it? If you can would you have to change the number etc and also would you need a different cable depending on the country?

Thank you,
    Daniel.

Englandshire, United Kingdomsville y'all!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    If you go abroad and want to use the net you'll have to sing up with ISP in that country. When you dial up you are using the local phone network - it is possible to connect using your UK number dialling in from abroad but, needless to say, this is not a cheap option.

If you are looking to get on the web when you are abroad you can dial in using a handheld or laptop using a mobile phone but again this is not cheap by any means.

The best bet for getting online when you're on holiday is to find a local Internet Cafe and use thier services.

Member #
    Right,
    Ok thanks for the help everyone,

Daniel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads