Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sadam Captured

Englandshire, United Kingdomsville y'all!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    While we're on the subject of hanging my local pub in London is called the Magdala. It's where Ruth Ellis shot her lover after she found out he was seeing another woman. The bullet holes can still be seen and she was the last woman ever hanged in the United Kingdom (1955).

Member #
    This is a forum for webdesign and computer skills!

I think (hope) the reason filburt1 has ruled against any political or religious postings here, is the fact that these are very COMPLEX and EMOTIONAL SENSITIVE issues. This forum attracts a lot of young people, (as most new-tech-issues would do) that does NOT HAVE the neccessary ballast to even consider discussing complex topics like this!!

These issues needs to be discussed with a lot of "fingerspitz-gefühl" and life-experience, which most participants of this forum doesn't have (yet).

I for one, am a warrior! A soldier! (spent 15 years in the armed forces, 13 of them as a fighter pilot before joining the civilian airlines).

I trained a lot abroad. I have a great part of my education from the US Air Force, and have a lot of friends from the States, from the RAF, from Germany, Holland and other places.

NONE of the professional soldiers I've met ANYWHERE(!!!) has a "gung-ho" easy "hollywood"-like feeling about LIFE and DEATH!!

Life and religion is always respected!! Even though a nation can subcome to a dictator, doesn't mean the nation and its people is any more "prone to dictator-ship" and hence less evolved than any other free nation!! Same goes for ancient cultural traditions leading up to a common religion, whatever that religion might be!

The value of a human life, the worth of an individual KNOWS NO BORDERS!!!This a value all people of the world share, regardless of what some TV reportage may lead you to think!

Feeling an electrocution should be "entertainment", would fall very hard on the people in arms protecting your nation. These are NOT subjects of entertainment!!!

What happens to Saddam is an issue for the Iraqi people, and should NOT be a show for the western world!

Sorry if I got carried away. I may very well have closed this thread, which anyway wouldn't be too bad!
    S. Rosland

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Well said, rosland.

Thread closed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads