Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Please help me debug this.
    Hi,

Im creating a CD presentation & my CD has 2 .exe files on it. 1 for people with 800x600 rez & 1 for 1024x768 rez. A programmer was kind enough to help me (unfortunately I cant get a hold of him) & created a set of files with (Im assuming) VB6, called "Launch.exe", Vb40032.dll & files. These files would be started by the autorun.ini file & they would in turn launch the appropriate files according the viewers rez settings. Ive burnt all my files to CD but when I play it, I get error messages on both files like below:

WinXP P4 1.6 512ram\ Geforce2 32mg vidcard

Microsft error signature:
    Appname:_1024x768.exe Appver:1.0.0.0 Modname:~ss9.tmp
    Modversion:7.0.14.0 Offset:00048749

1024x768 has encountered a problem & needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvience.

Unhandled exception in _1024x768.exe (Flash.OCX): 0xc0000005: access violation

Win98 P3 600, 448 ram \ 32mg vidcard\ set to autorun CD's
    This seems strange.It wont autorun, so you have to start it maually, but it autoruns on WinXP

run-time error "76"
    Path not found.

This part seems odd, these errors come up 95% of the time when you exit the CD, other wirse when its running it seems to work almost perfectly. I dont know much about debugging & VB script & reading / programming. I have a copy of VB & when the errors happen it opens up in a debugger but I dont really understand how to read & decipher it to well. If anyone can help me understand whats going wrong Id greatly appreciate it. Im a rookie & I spent 13 hours searching on the internet to see if I could understand whats going wrong & I cant. I posted my files for viewing at: http://uniteddistributorscanada.hypermart.net/

I added my CD files & I cut & pasted my debugged files to notepad for download. If anyone could help me I would "greatly" appreciate it.

Thank you for your time.

PS: Im sorry if this is the wrong forumn, I think its the proper place. If not, could you please redirect me.

Member #
    I can probably code you a similar thing in c++. Let me know the name of the files that you want launched. example:
    800x600 - foo.exe
    1024x768 - bar.exe
    I cannot self terminate, you must lower me into the fire.

Member #
    Thanks nepharo, I appreciate the help. I'm going to look into a few other things & get back to you.

Thanks again

Remove Ads