Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

View Poll Results: Which browser you like?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Internet Explorer

5 45.45%
  • Netscape Navigator

1 9.09%
  • Mozilla Firebird

5 45.45%
  • Opera

0 0%
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I just want to know which browser is most popular / Which browser you like?

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    IE is statistically the most used browser. I use it on Windows and Safari on Mac. If Firebird was faster launching than IE, I would switch to it.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    I'm a fan of firebird. Loads pretty fast for me, but I just built a pretty powerful machine. Firebirds extensions and tab browsing make it priceless for me.

Englandshire, United Kingdomsville y'all!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I like Mozilla myself. IE lets too much crap install and get in the way, Opera just plain sucks, Konqueror is nothing special, Firebird just doesn't feel right to me and I don't really use the Mac OS outside work so I don't bother browsing when I am using it. Slim Browser is quite interesting for people who like IE but want the Moz tab function. Netscape - well that's dead isn't it?

Member #
    I have all of them installed.
    (What an idiot!)

Mozilla looks like a stripped down version of Netscape. IE has its weaknesses, but loads in a blink of an eye! Opera, never liked it (even though I'm a Norwegian!!)

Firebird is like Mozilla, but have the nice "extention" capability which makes it unique in this context. Viewing "liveHTTPheaders", "WebDeveloper", JS console and other features, makes it quite interesting!

Firebird has some SSL issues though, that means I can't use it for a lot of work-related-tasks, so I mostly use IE.

In short:
    IE6.0
    S. Rosland

Member #
    Personally I really like Firebird, however I find that I am always using Internet Explorer to browse most, if not all websites. I haven't used netscape since version 4.7, and I found it absolutely appaling then, with terrible compatibility problems.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    I like mozilla, the reason I would choose it over IE is because of it's tabbed browsing. Life is made so much easier with being able to browse a number of different sites with only one icon appearing in the task bar.

IE is good, and starts up much quicker but badly needs tabbed browsing. Mozilla can have a few problems viewing sites that have only been tested in IE. Moz also has it's own built in features such as e-mail, composer, and an address book. I also like the idea of being able to change themes. IE looks a little boring, I know is isn't exactly vital that it look good, but it is a nice change seeing so manu available themes for mozilla.

Member #
    when I use linux, like while posting this message, I use mozilla. In windows, I try to use netscape. I love the tab browsing but I usually use ie because of the fast loading and because I develop alot of "controls panels" for the company I work for and the employees use IE, so I have to make sure that it runs pristine in it.
    I cannot self terminate, you must lower me into the fire.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    On my Mac, I have Safari, Firebird, IE, Camino, and Mozilla
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Remove Ads