Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Member #
    Are you saying us Brits aren't to be trusted eh Wired . I do find that responses to threads come at odd times, then I realise that the majority of users are based in the US and so post at a completely different time to us.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    I View new posts primarily, and I gauge my visits based on that. If I'm only going to be at the computer for 5 minutes, I either don't check WDF, so I'm not "logging in" and then logging out, or (usually) check new posts, and keep that window open. When I come back, I refresh it, and it has all the newest posts that I stil haven't read. And when I'm done with the newest posts and still hungry for more, I venture into various forums.

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    LMAO, nope, it's actually helpful that there's such a difference in the timezone gap, so that regardless of when someone asks a question, they're more likely to get an answer.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Originally posted by Wired
    Well there is no "line". When you go to View Newest Posts, it shows you the posts that have been added since the last time you personally have checked out the site. I never miss a new post myself. While I do avoid certain sections (ASP for example),...
    Have to disagree with you! (I do, however, agree on (a personal level )on the ASP bit, but then again I never post there)

But even though you "heavy users" (MOD's, justlivyalife, Mossoi and a few others) are consistent in posting answers to threads you've been involved in, the majority leaves them hanging blank after entering something.

Even though all threads since your last visit is visible, some threads may be WAY down on the list, if its been an active evening/day (depending on where you live). I sometimes find my own posts on "page three" over new posts even though it has only been a couple hours since I posted my mediocre thoughts.

Have your favorites, but follow up on your posts and brows through all forums within your competance area!

EDIT:
    Maybe not the best example, but this thread has been "dead" for a while. I make one post at the end, and KAZAAM suddenly you have three/four new answers! Only reason beeing that it's temporarily on top of the "view new posts" list again!!
    S. Rosland

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    It's the price you pay for an active site.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Remove Ads