Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I want to learn PHP programming, but a friend suggested that I start with C instead because according to him php is derived from C. There's a class being offered next term at my campus, Oregon State, and I am thinking of taking it. it's a beginning C class and you don't need any experience.

he said the class will give me some basic foundation and will help me later on when I tackle php. i guess my question is, should I take the class or save the $ and just buy a php book? what else should I be doing? I need to learn php programming and mysql database in order to do what I will be doing.

thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I would not suggest learning either. While it may appear more complex, I would learn Java first. Nobody writes in C anymore (C++ is more common), and PHP does not teach good programming habits.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Remove Ads