Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    This is the situation on our school network:

We have the main desktop when you load up after you've logged in. Then we have a floder type icon labelled 'Careers', which when clicked switches to a completely different desktop, while allowing all programs to continue running at full opacity, but this desktop contains a completely different range of icons.

The school network is running on Windows NT 4.0.

Is it possible to do this using Windows XP Home Edition? I've seema few programs, but they aren't exactly what I am thinking of... Any ideas please .
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    microsoft powertools has something that switches desktops. you might want to check there

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    If you have an nVidia video card, their drivers have multiple desktop utility.
    There and Back Again :Ogre:

Member #
    Ok thanks, I haven't a clue how to find out whether I have or not . Where would I find this? Thanks.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Well, that's a "Virtual PC" program for Windows.
    Don't know how much though.
    Underconstruction
    Volleyball Website

Member #
    Thanks nsr81, I found the nVidia thing in my Control Panel. Not quite what I wanted, it seems that my school is using 3rd party software after speaking to a friend. Thanks for the help people!

Remove Ads