Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Virus Warning

JR
    Member #
    You guys might have already heard but there's a new virus going round called "mydoom". It's meant to be the worst ever and it spreads itself through Kazaa and e-mail, so be warned

http://news.google.co.uk/news?hl=en&...q=mydoom+virus
    JR

Member #
    Yeah, I recieved 13 new emails this morning, only 3 three of them were important, while the other 10 were emails infected with this virus. Norton picked it up though. No Kazaa for me though.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Englandshire, United Kingdomsville y'all!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The virus is reported to log keystrokes and then forward them to another computer. All the main AV's are picking it up well though.

There is another virus that is doing the rounds and has proven to be a lot more disruptive to large networks than mydoom.

It's called dumaru (or something similar) and opens a back door on WinXP/2K machines. The little blighter writes itself into several dll files which your AV may delete. You then get missing files when you boot up - although this doesn't seem to affect the PC it's annoying so it might be a good idea to back up your dll's so that you can replace them should you get this virus.

It also sticks an exe into the startup menu of each users profile which reinstalls it should it be deleted (crude but it works if it's not spotted and a real problem on a large network).

Member #
    I've received in two days at least 10 emails with this virus:W32.Novarg.A@mm. But Norton kills him. :-)
    And I received this virus yesterday: W32.Kwbot.Worm
    It is a virus that spreads as a popular file in P2P programs like WinMX, Kazaa,etc. Again norton picked him. (Although I think that Kazaa (not K-Lite) is almost a virus already, it's full of ****ty spyware)

Member #
    I got everyday up to 10 emails with the virus ...
    But Norton knock 'em down
    - Webmaster's Planet . Greek Vortal For Webmasters ...
    - MyPortFolio - View My Creations

Remove Ads