Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Check this out:

http://www.eweek.com/

Everyone better start looking more into this, especially if you are running 2000 or NT4. This is going to be a HUGE crisis by the looks of it. Microsoft is going to be flooded with new reports of security issues/holes, and hackers/crackers are going to have a field day with the source code.

That website I listed above has some details if you have any worries about protecting your system. Everyone might want to check into it, seriously, don't take this as a joke. Even Microsoft is taking this seriously as people all over the world are obtaining the leaked code as we speak.

What does this mean for microsoft, or windows? How about Commercial and Residential computers/servers? No one can tell right now as this news has jsut emerged.

Anyway I thought I would say this here, as alot of you guys are at risk because of this leak.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    A significant portion of the code is Paint. People are hyping the doom of Earth from this a bit too much.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    LoL. The source to paint isn't like 250 mb.

EDIT: The source code to the newest version of the GIMP (graphic design, much like PHOTOSHOP), is only 15mb in size. I'm willing to bet the source to MS paint is 1 or 2 mb or less.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    filburt, according microsoft officials it's a very small portion of the code.

According to coding experts it's as complete as a shipped version of Windows 2000 (in which case both parties could easily be right)

I, for one, am glad I'm behind my router so my machine wont get touched. I love 2000... but this leak could bring on a massive influx of worms.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Thank god someone agrees with me.

No one realizes how bad something could potentially be. NO ONE knows as of now, but who knows what this could lead to. It could be anything from one worm, up to 1000 worms, one computer crash, or maybe even a world-wide crisis. Who really knows?

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Most works and virii are written using known vulnerabilities that end-users are too lazy to patch or by preferences that in their default state allow exploitation. I will bet you my life savings and WDF that this is not the apocolypse.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I know it's not the end of the world.

But if the world does end, I'll gladly just be a moderator! I'd rather not be the "admin"...

Remove Ads