Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I am not sure if this is the right forum for my problem but here we go...

I can't access my own websites. Currently I have 2 web servers. On each server I have one site. At this moment I am unable to view either one my sites. They both time out saying, "Unable to connect to server". Sometimes they time out, other times they just run awfully slow. But last week, they ran perfectly!

The two websites in question are:
    http://www.ericbusch.net
    http://www.dewdropwebdesign.com

Here's the crux, THESE ARE THE ONLY 2 WEBSITES I CAN'T ACCESS. I am able to surf the net freely until I try to view my own sites.

Here's another crux, I can view my websites at work (ie. on another computer) and they work perfectly!

Trouble shooting steps I have taken so far:
    I contacted one server and after a lengthy email session, he pointed the finger at my ISP. So I contacted my ISP. They pointed the finger at my server.

This is such a bizarre problem. Can anyone help me because I havent been able to work on my websites for a few days now!!! :dead:

More details about my situation:
    *I am using MAC OSX iBook
    *I am living in Korea right now, though my web providers are US companies
    *I have a DSL connection
    *All other websites load fast and flawlessly

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
    eric
    Blogs For Sale - Each blog is packed with 1000s of signatures and ads are highly integrated into the site. Great CTR! Completely customizable from Admin CP. On Sale!
    Complete Websites For Sale - Fantastic looking sites rich with content. Come complete with domain names. I only have a couple of these.

Englandshire, United Kingdomsville y'all!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Did this happen to you before? I seem to remember a previous thread that was exactly the same problem including connecting from Korea affecting only one or two specific sites.

I answered that thread with the results of a tracert that showed a server or gateway that was not responding somewhere along the line. I've just run a tracert for both the domains that you have listed above and they both timeout at the same place after leaving the same IP. I think you're just going to have to hold tight while the broken link is fixed.

Member #
    Thanks Mossoi

Do you know how these links get broken and how they are fixed. And who is responsible, my ISP or my web server? I am assuming its my ISP.

Yeah, you are right. I did have this problem a few months ago and I thought it was over!

thanks again
    eric
    Blogs For Sale - Each blog is packed with 1000s of signatures and ads are highly integrated into the site. Great CTR! Completely customizable from Admin CP. On Sale!
    Complete Websites For Sale - Fantastic looking sites rich with content. Come complete with domain names. I only have a couple of these.

Englandshire, United Kingdomsville y'all!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    It's not necessarily the fault of either your host or ISP. There are a lot of links between different parts to the Internet as a whole such as cabling, satellites, PC's, routers, servers, gateways and even buildings and power supplies that all have an impact on the overall integrity of the Internet.

In the UK we recently had a cable failure that knocked out Internet access for a serveral hundred thousand people over a large area.

It's up to the company that supplies the power, cabling etc. to meet their contractual agreements when things like this occur.

Alas we are ultimately in their hands and personally have no means of recourse for lost time, custom etc. and you may find that the fault lies because a dam burst washing a power plant downriver that supplies the power for a large Internet gateway that happens to handle the traffic between your ISP and your host. (or something equally abstract)

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Try testing it through a proxy script. I have one at http://www.scriptjoint.com/cgiproxy/nph-proxy.cgi

Also, try doing a traceroute. tracert ericbusch.net in a DOS window.

BTW, is DewDropDesign related to DewDrop-Garden.com?
    There and Back Again :Ogre:

Member #
    I ran the proxy script and aside from the rollovers not working, the site loaded fast and fine. what is that?

I ran some tracerts and here is what they look like:
    ericbusch.net
    15 0.so-3-0-0.xr1.nyc8.alter.net (152.63.19.30) 266.749 ms 243.652 ms 306.67 ms
    16 183.atm7-0.gw6.nyc8.alter.net (152.63.25.241) 285.555 ms 222.333 ms 227.386 ms
    17 olean-tazman-gw.customer.alter.net (157.130.26.34) 236.127 ms 240.095 ms 240.599 ms
    18 65.18.175.134 (65.18.175.134) 240.824 ms 235.827 ms 290.04 ms
    19 * * *
    20 * * *

dewdropwebdesign.com
    17 border6.ge4-1-bbnet2.acs.pnap.net (64.94.0.75) 234.301 ms 234.159 ms 240.477 ms
    18 apservers-2.border6.acs.pnap.net (64.94.6.154) 234.897 ms 235.539 ms 235.193 ms
    19 * *

I couldnt see any pattern in that.

any ideas?

(no, my site is not related to dewdrop-garden.com)

Member #
    Does this mean I have a Proxy issue?

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    It means you have a routing issue. That late into the traceroute usually means that it is far out of your control.

However, ATM it looks like many routers are working normally: http://www.internetpulse.net/
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    I checked out your link and it seems its for routers in america. would it make any difference if I am in Korea and my servers are in america?

Remove Ads