Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    A small village near a small city near a small cit
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hmmm

So, is it?

In my opinion - it definately is. I used to use IE 6 and after switching I never want to look back, everything is amazing - the customizable toolbars, having all the pages in one browser (with only one tab on the taskbar) and even a pop-up blocker! Well, I am impressed. The onyl flaw: when designing my site I have to open the pages with notepad manually, as if you view source in Firefox it opens with its own viewer, in which you cant edit the pages.

Oh and di I mention? It reads .php pages like HTML! Yay! Now I dont have to renamed all my .html's .php when I upload them

but what do you think...........?
    tekp :cheeky: tekponline.com

Englandshire, United Kingdomsville y'all!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I like it. It's not that much different from Mozilla which was my previous browser but it's a cleaner interface. I haven't decided if I prefer the new download utility yet though.

IE has long been banished to the testing only pile.

Member #
    I haven't used any browser better than Opera.
    The best of Opera are it's tabs. Firefox also has it, but Opera's tabs are better to me, they open quick, they close quick...

And for Linux the most I used was Konqueror. Mozilla for Linux simply sucks. And Opera for linux isn't very good too.

maybe is it that I'm so used to Opera, that I can't change.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Originally posted by Blackdragonhide
    Oh and di I mention? It reads .php pages like HTML! Yay! Now I dont have to renamed all my .html's .php when I upload them

but what do you think...........?
    That is an extremely bad idea...you are unnecessarily adding load to the server and tricking it into parsing your pages into PHP, which could cause random errors as PHP gets developed.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Maybe it's only me, but Firefox opens way faster than Mozilla does (at least on my system). I like its overall design better, and most of the "customization" options available in Mozilla will, according to the developers, be made available soon.

It has some quirks though. When I open multiple tabs (following links), it's squashing tables and layouts and presents overlapping content (text that's supposed to wrap around images are beeing superimposed over the image etc).

Also, as someone has mentioned here before (think it was newfi), it creates a narrow strange input-text-window when you open "New Thread" windows here at WDF.
    S. Rosland

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Strange - I'm not getting any of those problems on XP. Are you on a different OS?

Member #
    No, I use XP pro as well.
    The culprit sites are newspapers (I'm a big news consumer).

I've installed FireFox on three of my network PC's, and they have all given the same squashed page-layout when I open multiple tabs (as you know, newspapers are pretty image intensive with regard to page layout)

If I close all the tabs and open the pages individually, they come out allright. I know the squashed WDF table is a problem more people than I have experienced, so there must be a bug somewhere.
    S. Rosland

Member #
    Filburt responded in another thread about Firefox that it's a vB bug that causes the input text window to be half the width of WDF. Happens to me here and on other vB forums, using Firebird 0.7.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm on version 0.8 so maybe that's the difference.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I actually am trying out FireFox now that it loads much faster (and my system is now 2.6 GHz). First things I did was add an ad-blocker because animated GIFs can't be turned off (I hate them) and a tab extension to add an "X" to each tab a la Safari.

So far, so good. I added a fix to WDF's category strips that I've been meaning to for some time to make them the correct padding outside of IE. As I'm typing this, though, the caret is overlapping the trailing edge of each letter...annoying.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads