Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Hey,
    Recently something happened and now when I click on My Computer icon on the desktop, the files dont show up. In the status bar, it says there are so many folders and files, but they dont appear on the screen. Also, my Yahoo Messenger wont let me view my messages that I send and receive. Hopefully someone will have the answer to this problem because Yahoo is my big messenger, and now I dont have the ability to use it. Im offering Turtle Dollars for this one.
    Thank you guys
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD
    kevind_2007--"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."--Babe Ruth

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Member #
    I'm not sure how to solve any of your problems, but I can suggest Trillian as a replacement for your Y! Messanger. It can communicate with Yahoo, MSN and ICQ at the same time, plus do some cool stuff with IRC (I think) Download the free version from the creators of Trillian here: http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/downloads/

Good Luck with your problems,
    [Li] Brad
    "Art strives for form, and hopes for beauty." - George Bellows

Member #
    Yes, for the Yahoo Messenger problem use Trillian.
    Can you upload a screenshot of the "My PC" window? Maybe you have missed something that can help us to solve it.

Maybe it doesn't have to be; download Spybot and AdAware and run them with the latest updates. Sometimes these strange Windows problems are related to spyware.

Spybot: http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=download
    AdAware: http://download.com.com/3000-2144-10...age&tag=button

Member #
    Ok, I will upload a pic of the My Computer folder. It also wont let me close out of it.
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Member #
    The image of My Computer folder is attached. When using Trillian, should I uninstall Yahoo Messenger to properly use Trillian or does it matter??
    Attached Images Attached Images
    --Kevin

Member #
    Just to let you know, Trillian makes Yahoo work! I had it before but I forgot about it.
    --Kevin

Member #
    Is that picture of your My Computer unedited? Usually there are a few icons in there, one for each physical drive and/or partition. Also, there is usually a Control Panel and a Network Places and/or others. If these are all removed by some kind of administration or something, it might be ok, but they could be a result of some sort of virus or something.

Have you tried using Spybot and/or Ad Aware like xarst suggested?

[Li] Brad
    "Art strives for form, and hopes for beauty." - George Bellows

Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    Yes, that is an unedited pic. Trillian and Yahoo IM will not have problems co-existing on a PC. Yes, spyware can cause that problem.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Yes, the picture is unedited and I did have a trojan virus about a month ago, that might be contributed to the files not showing up in My Computer. I have changed nothing in there since that happened. Do you think the virus could have moved something in my directory or something so that the information wouldnt show?
    --Kevin

Member #
    Yes, I did download both of those programs and removed all the spyware, adware that I could, some could not be removed and I told it to try again on restart, Im on a different PC now so when I get home, I will see if it works.
    --Kevin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads