Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    hi all

A lot of places I go to for job interviews want someone that can use CorelDraw. I was under the impression that CorelDraw is outdated. Are these companies just behind the times or is it a useful program to know?

I already know photoshop,flash,fireworks and starting with freehand(will be easy as its also macromedia) Is there anything CorelDraw can do that I cant do with these?

shot a lot
    lata

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Useless. I'm surprised Corel is still in business.

I would learn Illustrator instead. Adobe has a tendency to reign over any graphics environment.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I dont know about corel going out of buisness.. they still make some great products. They just dont get as much recognition as adobe.. I still use some of their products, namely Corel painter and corel knockout.

Although i would wonder who was doing the interviewing. Corel has been around for a long time and many higher level executives might be more familar with their products. Where as people like project managers would be more concerned with adobe products.

Member #
    I'm learning Corel Draw at school and it sucks. I prefer much more Illustrator or Freehand.
    Corel had one good thing: his plugins for Photoshop, but now KPT has it!

Member #
    imo Learn Freehand/Illustrator they seem to be used much more these days.

Member #
    cool thanks guys. Seems the just of it is that Corel is a waste of time! I have started learning freehand. Will get on illustrator. Cheers!

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Corel is the only serious competition for Adobe for vector graphics software, so they won't go out of business... ever. The US government will do anything possible to keep them running (AND competitive) so that Adobe can't monopolize the market. That would be a disaster. But who knows? Maybe Macromedia will surprise us and add a good vector graphics software to their array of software? It would be awesome to have an Illustrator competitor that could drag-n-drop right into Flash :-D

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Originally posted by transio
    ...It would be awesome to have an Illustrator competitor that could drag-n-drop right into Flash :-D
    You mean freehand cant do that? Sorry I have never used it but I would have assumed that you could.. Sux when your compitition has software that works better with your products then your software.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    I dunno... never used freehand lol.

Member #
    With them both being Macromedia, you can export/import between their own line of software almost sleamlessly. For example creating an animation within Freehand could then be exported directly to Flash for web/screen viewing etc.

I'm stuck on v10, but I'm sure MX must have been improved since.

If you've never used Freehand how can you say Corel is the only competition ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads