Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WYGIWYD

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    LOL... Cute acronym I found today for WYSIWYG's.

WYGIWYD = "What You Get Is What You Deserve"

:-D

Member #
    That's how they should call Frontpage

Member #
    I laughed out loud.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    hey, stop insulting Front Page IMO it's better than Dreamweaver. While M$ made some mistakes on the first versions, now they've learned from them and made a very powerful tool. I like Front Page 2003, try it, then talk

Englandshire, United Kingdomsville y'all!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I use neither Frontpage or DW but I do know that a lot of big sites are built using frontpage so it can't all be bad.

www.bbc.co.uk - was built using frontpage until very recently when we developed our own in-house software for making the site because nothing else could handle the number of pages while keeping it as one project.

Dreamweaver struggles (slows right down) when it's used with a project containing lots of pages spread across a network much more than Frontpage.

Remember - each application has it strengths and weaknesses. Frontpage has the benefit of being very similar to MS Office so that people can pick it up a lot more quickly than DW. Useability is a big factor when you have a varied team of people working on a site.

Member #
    WYGIWYD
    I'll have to remember that one, : )

www.bbc.co.uk - was built using frontpage until very recently when we developed our own in-house software...
    You work for the BBC ?

Englandshire, United Kingdomsville y'all!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Yep - BBC Technology (http://www.bbctechnology.com/)

We develop new technologies for broadcasters as well as supporting the BBC Computer network and broadcast output.

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    That's awesome!
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Hey, Frontpage sucks more than any other, I would prefer to use Word than Frontpage (LOL, I would prefer to NOT make web pages at all if I only had that tools ).
    Have you seen all the "vti_blahblah" folder that creates Frontpage? That's only useful to mess a bit the server with stupid-useless files. And what with the "Frontpage Extensions"? They are useless, much easier to download a free ftp client and stop messing your server with M$ cr@p

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    The vti_ folders are used for source safe. They allow front page, visual studio, and other MS apps to create "lock" files that let other people's IDEs to determine if someone else is developing that particular file (i.e. if it's checked in or checked out). Maybe a bit of a mess if you're making websites at home alone, but very useful when you've got 10 developers working on the same files, because they only allow one person to work on a file at one time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads