Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally...

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    The GAME has come BACK to Web De-sign Foooooooooorumssssssss...

Okay, for those of you who may have wondered (all 2 of you) where I was for the past few months, it is a long and unusual tale consisting of some soap-opera-like elements, including:
    • a lawsuit (I'm the plaintiff)
    • the renovation of the upstairs of the house I live in, which was abandoned for non-rent payment by the upstairs tenants
    • a 12-week fight with the telephone company over my external lines, which has greatly affected my DSL speed (go Bell)
    • the starting up of a second company, ADAM IT Pros (see signature)
    • the training of a "new" old abandoned dog, that was left behind (see attachment). I call her Fluffy the Wonder Poodle.
    • and about sixty zillion other things that had to take up my time.

Anyway, if you want to hear the stories, and you probably don't, then you can reply to this thread and I'll try sharing some of them.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Welcome back

*looks for signature, sees nothing*

*looks for attachment, sees nothing*

Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I just put it in the sig. heh

Also, I gotta shrink the image down. Gimme a few.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    This time for sure...

Okay, here we go...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Fight with telephone company :-P

Nice Dog! and Welcome back!
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Welcome back!!

You can share a story only if you tell it in true GAME fashion (minimum 5 beers deep ).

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Welcome back..

If you feel so inclinded to share some of your stories I will be inclined to read them.
    So how is buisness going with the new company?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    5? What, do I have to cut back now? Damned Alanon.

Actually, the new company just started. I just finished the website yesterday (stalling on doing a quick admin for it today) and I'm going to be promoting it over the next few weeks.

And here's the scenario, in a brief nutshell:

I was renting a basement apartment in a house. Last year, I found out I was subletting and my "landlady" owed the owner (my new landlord) a big chunk of money. I found this out during a major peak period in my business, and rather than risk interruption, I paid off a chunk of the debt. The same thing happened a couple of more times with hydro and gas, and it got to the point where I had to sue her to get the money back. I won the case, but I'm still waiting to collect on the judgement.

I ended up taking over the tenancy for the whole house when the "landlady" refused to pay the owner the rest of what she owed him and he booted her out. It's also how I got the dog (she abandoned the dog when she left, along with most of her stuff). So that's how I got Fluffy.

Bell (the telephone company)? Well...that's a nasty story all by itself. They've gotten the intelligent idea to reroute my entire phone line without prior warning in January, thereby putting me out of the range required for DSL service. They've only just put me back in range yesterday (4.5 km...for you Yanks, that's approx. 14,500 feet). And it's still slow. So I've still got some of the fight left to go through. And I need to do this so that I can get another DSL provider, since all the equipment is leased through Bell and it's an external issue that I have.

Thank you, phone company.

Anyway, that's the short version. The long version is actually more twisted and bizarre.

Member #
    Shame about your flat Seems you won overall though?
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

JR
    Member #
    Welcome back GAME
    JR

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads