Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Just out of curiosity... what programs do you use for web authoring?
    GoLive or Dreamweaver?

I'm just curious because I know alot of people who use Dreamweaver and only a few that use GoLive (including me).

Have you used both and chose just the one? Or did you just happen to start using one and stuck to it? :ermm:

Member #
    I have used both, dreamweaver is far superior. GoLive's 30 day trial didn't really impress me that much so I didnt bother following up on it when the 30 days had expired.

Member #
    Ive never used either, Im more of a Textpad man

Member #
    I haven't used GoLive, but I am so pleased and used to DW that I don't think I will change. The vast major of professionals use DW.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Dreamweaver, Zend Studio (the least of all PHP IDE evils), Photoshop, Notepad ONLY FOR VERY QUICK EDITS...
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Dreamweaver over the years has become easily the best application of it's kind available.It can do anything from basic page creation to constructiong of large full scale dynamic sites. It is a huge program, there is just so much even experts that have been working with the program for years will no have covered the programs full potential. A lot of designers just jump right into creating their sites which means they miss some of the key features thet dreamweaver has to offer. All of the programs power like most ground breaking apps is of course hiden under the bonnet, waiting for the real test users to come along and give it a proper thrashing. If your not going to try and really learn a lot about the program and what it has to offer then don't get it, however if you are willing to get the most out of it then you will need to sit down and read what it has and how to get it, that way the program is an absolute bargin in my opinion, it can work wonders. Some claim only to use it for the coding, I agree I spend a lot of time just coding with it, but some of the stuff your missing out on by just doing that is unreal.

Member #
    I used to use Front Page, but then I learnt some things, and now I dont think any of those editors are good enough. Atm i'm using notepad, but eventually i'll make my own editor.

Member #
    I learn designing in Frontpage Express, and then moved onto Frontpage. When I discovered that my designs were much less professional than they needed to be to stay competetive, I returned to hand-coding, using the HTML I had learnt two years previously. I now code in HTML-Kit (link in my signature) which I find very useful, and it has a built in preview function. Personally I never settles with Dreameaver after the 30-Day trial, so I have stuck with HTML-Kit for the last 6 months or so.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Remove Ads