Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Well, I have a UMAX PowerLook 2 for a while now, but I haven't used it from a very long time, so before half a year or so I installed it on Win XP. Everytime I start Windows around 20 messages saying "New Hardware Setup" pop up wanting to install my scanner's drivers wich are already installed and my scanner's working fine. Does anybody know how I can fix this because I'm really annoyed right now?

Englandshire, United Kingdomsville y'all!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    It could be that the account you're logging in under does not have administrative rights. Log in as the local admin and see if it installs properly then.

There are lots of other possible causes for this ranging from port settings to driver version - let me know if the above fix doesn't work and we can try other things.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I have full admin rights, it's not that. And my scanner works perfect, win xp wants to add 20 more...

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I am not on a winXP machine right now. But if you know how to get to the device manager, look as see what it says about your scanner driver. It may have a yellow question mark icon next to it. If so try uninstalling and reinstalling the software.

NOTE: You may have to manually delete some files that the uninstall may not get rid of. For that information you may want to contact the manufacture.

Englandshire, United Kingdomsville y'all!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    OK. You could try downloading the latest drivers and updating the inf file.

If that doesn't work try completely removing all the scanner software and installing the newer drivers.

What type of scanner is it, SCSI, Parallel, USB?

If XP is trying to install the scanner over and over again then it could be that you've installed it but windows is not accepting that and is trying to install it in its own way. Or it could be a component that's not installing correctly even though things seem to be working. Could there be a TWAIN or OCR component that's not fully installed?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    SCSI..and there's a problem deleting the new 7-8 SCSI drivers. It doesn't ..but it just doesn't get fixed

Remove Ads