Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Copyrights

Member #
    Im now staring [or trying] to start my own web design company, but dont know nothing about trademarks, copyrighting, ect... Does anyone know what I would have to do?
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    "I'll do it later!:tired:"
    - Dan Clarkson (me)

Protonic Studios I DanClarkson.net
    [both coming soon!]

Member #
    I take it you mean copyrighting and trademarking your own stuff. Copyrighting can be down for almost nothing e.g adding a along with a concise notice at the bottom of a site and posting a print out of the site to yourself (keep it sealed!). Though it's unlikely much stuff will be stolen unless it's original development or someone taking credit for your work.

Trademarks need to be registered with the relevant organisation in your country, and costs a reasonable amount. Not worth doing until you start to make a name for your self (especially if it's your name).

Banned
    Member #
    :solicitation removed:

Member #
    Brainkiller, this is your only warning: offering your services for hire is not allowed on these forums. We have a strict no-advertising policy, and violating it results in a ban.

Member #
    Riat_Salita is correct. Here in the UK, we can Copyright anything we like for free - so long as it's our own work. Trademarks obviously have to be payed for.
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Member #
    If u did it, its yours! just whack a copyright All rights reserved somewhere on the site. Check how other sites have theirs.

Remove Ads