Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi guys, this is my first post and would like to know about :-

1. how to design a commercial website within 7 days. Be it working / business days. I'm really grateful to know if anyone could help me out on this matter.

Currently, It took a month for me to complete a site.

Richard @ Riveron
    www.techtouch.com.my (redesign in progress)

Member #
    Hi Richard,

"Design" can mean a lot of things. If it's a rush job for no money, then templates are the way to go. Just plug in the client's logo and colors. If it's a shopping or e-commerce site, subscribe to eBay or Yahoo, or one of the two zillion "web rings" [example: http://www.t-shirtshopper.com/cgi-bi...rrys_surf_shop ]

Designing an original website from the ground up is not going to happen in 7 days. Most of our clients hem and haw for a month, before we get a green light to build something. During that interval a concept emerges, with a rough idea of content and navigation. Front-end tools make it easy to execute something in a hurry (we never use 'em, however; we write and validate HTML by hand). Optimizing jpg's and indexed gif's is an acquired skill. But even the best and most experienced designers will make several versions, because it's not obvious which palette, filter effect or page layout will be the best trade-off.

Getting it right "above the fold" and throughout a fairly complex project takes time, maybe 100 hours for a 10-page small business site, if you include the work of thinking through an SEO strategy.

W.

Member #
    The best way to design websites in less than seven days is by using readymade website templates. You can use these templates and quickly make changes in terms of color, pictures, graphics etc and your website is ready. You can get templates as low as $20 -30. Bye.

Member #
    thanks guys.

Will consider create own templates soon. Great way to serve 'sickening' clients.

Member #
    this forum's cool!!

Member #
    cool forum pals

Member #
    What is the first step I need to do in order to create an awesome web-site? I have one currently up and running, made from templates that will service my needs until I get a professional looking site up. Please help. I am not very computer-literate, but am a quick learner. I have the newest version of Frontpage.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    "an awesome web site" means nothing... it is such a subjective statement... what is "awesome" for some would be dull for others, what might seem bland to you might make someone else scream with delight !

Personally I'd suggest you take the newest version of Frontpage and advertise it on e-bay... make it somebody else's problem... download a decent text editor with HTML validation included (preferably freeware or shareware) then amble along to a site like http://w3schools.com and start playing !

Then, once you're happy with the basics of HTML/CSS etc. start thinking about your "awesome" site, and what you want it to do. Sketch a few things down on a piece of paper, fiddle around and then code... and see what comes out the other end!

Sean

Remove Ads