Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Why not start a thread about this? Most of us using Firefox realize it's inherit advantages. I wanted to prove it to the rest of the crowd.

1. CSS Advantange (See screenshot)

I decided to create a WP template. I don't want to change the HTML, just the CSS. So, I scrapped the CSS using the Edit CSS functionality of the Web Developer extension. Then to aid the process I've shown ID/Class information. Ta-Da the best CSS editing tool ever. No viewing source. Instant visual changes. The perfect CSS editor.

There's my reason, let's hear yours.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    2. Tabbed Browsing

I absolutely love this function, allowing me have many tabs open within the one browser it looks much cleaner, as well as the ability to cross refer pages quickly without having to look through the grouped icons on the start-bar.

With the 'Tabbrowser' extension groups from here allows me to prevent more Firefox windows opening, as well as forcing all external links to open in a new tab for exmple. There are many many different ways to use it too!
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Fine-grained control over functionality.

This needs a bit of an explanation. Go through the options (Tools->Options) and see how finely you can tweak the features. Want javascript enabled? Cool, but I don't want popups or any one of the other JS functionality. Want to diable a viewer plugin (e.g., flash, quicktime, etc)? Sure. Enabling it is as easy.

And then we can have plugins. I have the Webdeveloper and Live HTTP Plugins because I need them to create websites (usually to troubleshoot my mistakes ). Others need other functionality, and they can get it.

That is why I love the browser - it allows me to do what I want to do my way.
    eKstreme
    eKstreme.com - Free website tools!
    fontfox - free fonts Hand-picked quality fonts.

Member #
    The ability to organize bookmarks/favourites quickly and easily. That's about the only thing, which made me drop IE.

Member #
    Is it that hard to press ctrl+b?

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Maybe you don't quite understand what he meains Riat Sila? Look at my screenshot. Everything is drag and drop. I used to never use my bookmarks... now I must have dozens of them. And I use them all on a regular basis.

Member #
    The wide availability of Extensions, and everyone that works on them.

Firefox gets more and more useful and productive everyday. I have an extension that puts iTunes' controls in the status bar of my browser, so I can start it up and control the music right from my browser. I have a GMail extension that checks my GMail every 10 minutes and lets me know when I have new mail. I also have Bookmark Synchronizer installed on my laptop and desktop. Every time I start up Firefox on either machine, it downloads the latest version of my bookmarks from my FTP, and when I close the browser, it uploads my bookmarks.

The list goes on and on. I think it's virtually impossible for anyone not to find an extension that they find useful and cool out of the 135 (and growing) available extensions.

Member #
    I figure I have so many bookmarks that a search feature would be nice. I'm waiting for someone to write a plugin that would:
    1. allow me search for the bookmark title
    2. search for the bookmark URL
    3. cache each bookmarked page, and let me search the text on that

so for "web design" I would get several matches for this place (the title, the URL and the page content) - I'm not always so logical in my bookmarking hierarchies but I could easily remember the topic of the page so having the "cache" about the site would be veeeeery useful.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    1 + 2 are already implemented. See the little Search Box above the bookmarks?

Member #
    I love FireFox. The best thing since sliced bread, that's what I say!
    Why? Loads of reasons, the extentions, CSS support, themes. It is an all round better browser then any of the others and it renders better then any other browser, so it is good for testing out your work.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads