Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi.
    I'm currently preparing documents that describe proposed layouts of some intranet pages in our company. I'm simply creating tables in OpenOffice Writer and manually draw buttons, text fields, links etc. in those tables.
    As a result I get simple and clear sketch of each page's layout.
    But this method is quite time consuming and I was wandering if there are any simple tools that help creating such layouts. Just an application that would let me to create (or even drag)buttons, checkboxes, text fields, etc. on a blank page and maybe add some comment to each element. Then I could save the layouts and put them in a document so that another person could actually create those pages based on my project.

Has any of You guys heard of an application that allows doing those things? (I'm not talking about WYSIWYG creation tools - just something to make layout projects).

I would very much appreciate any recommendations.

Member #
    Basically you should do a VERY basic wireframe first. Just simple black and white boxes in a flowchart manner that tells the coder where pages will go when clicked, etc. On a Mac, OmniGraffle is good. PC people use Visio. You could use Illustrator.

Then you want to design your templates in an art program. You should be able to divide up your website into some basic termplates that will be repeated. the home page is oftena template by itslef because it is different than other pages. Other templates could be : subpages, sitemap, calendars, contact - you could maybe layout one form in contact or some such to show the coder/art production folks what it should look like.

After you've designed these handful of templates, you shouldn't need to actually lay out all these forms and such. If you work with good people you can layout ONE form and if there are severla people then your art production team should be able to carry your deisgn through to other forms.

Remove Ads