Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi everyone,

I'm currently investigating setting up a mailing list on one of the websites I manage. It is likely that the membership of this list would very quickly reach > 5000 members and so I'm reluctant to go down the self-installed CGI script route. I'm therefore currently investigating the possibility of using an external provider to supply the resources needed to run the list (thus not putting my server at risk of getting bogged down, hacked, full inbox etc).

My question is does anyone know of any good companies which offer such a service (I'm thinking along the lines of a Bravenet type idea however obviously a better company than them)?

I'd need full admin rights etc plus ideally it should be advert free and have a web-based sign-up method (rather than having to send off an email to the list). I'm willing to pay for this service although obviously if there is a good, free, proffessional standard one out there I'd very interested to hear about it.

Also why I'm at it does anyone have any tips in regards to setting up and running a largish mailing list as this will be my first one.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mark

Member #
    For anyone interested in the end I found two possible services - constantcontact.com and zinster.com

Member #
    Liked
    138 times
    Thanks for the update! Sorry we couldn't have been of any help!
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Remove Ads